Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cost share date change with Metlife->UC switch?

1. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cost share date change with Metlife->UC switch?

Advertisements
    So I know Tricare Dental is switching from Metlife to United Concordia in May. Is this going to be the date that the new yearly maximum cost share amounts start over or will the amount you've used for the year roll over? I feel like i read that it was previously October.

I guess my question is are yearly maximums going from the current oct-sept schedule to a may-april schedule?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm curious about this as well. I initially read an article on military.com that claimed on May 1st the maximum was going to start over (which would give people a huge increase in maximum from now until next May) but then they retracted that information and said it was incorrect. It annoyed me that they didn't add the information of what was correct.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

For clarity, I was misinformed about the current schedule. It's already may 1 to april 30. We're just switching to UC when the contract with Metlife ends. I don't know where I got the idea that it was aligned with the fiscal year!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aBr View Post
    For clarity, I was misinformed about the current schedule. It's already may 1 to april 30. We're just switching to UC when the contract with Metlife ends. I don't know where I got the idea that it was aligned with the fiscal year!
    Well now that makes sense why they didn't add the correct information lol. They were incorrect in their dates, not that it was starting over early because they also went by the fiscal year! Well glad we figured this out.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥