Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Issues...

1. Senior Member

Health Issues...

Advertisements
    Hi guys! It has been so long since I have posted but I love knowing that I always have a community here for me..

So for the sake of making this less lengthy, I will just say it, my fiance has run into some pretty scary health issues... Like a lot of men, he is very sensitive about going to any type of Doctor and having anyone know about it but I cannot stand to see him like this any longer, I have given up and so has he and we cannot keep pretending this is not real. He promises to see a Dr. but does not want anyone to know and on top of this.. he has no idea how to navigate the whole TriCare program. He grew up not having any type of insurance and so he has no experience with it. Despite the fact that I am going to be a nurse, I truly do not understand the military health insurance as well...How can we find out what kind of plan he has and get him to the Dr. he needs? I am very afraid for him and do not wan't him to feel like this any longer...

Thanks.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgirlBay View Post
    Hi guys! It has been so long since I have posted but I love knowing that I always have a community here for me..

So for the sake of making this less lengthy, I will just say it, my fiance has run into some pretty scary health issues... Like a lot of men, he is very sensitive about going to any type of Doctor and having anyone know about it but I cannot stand to see him like this any longer, I have given up and so has he and we cannot keep pretending this is not real. He promises to see a Dr. but does not want anyone to know and on top of this.. he has no idea how to navigate the whole TriCare program. He grew up not having any type of insurance and so he has no experience with it. Despite the fact that I am going to be a nurse, I truly do not understand the military health insurance as well...How can we find out what kind of plan he has and get him to the Dr. he needs? I am very afraid for him and do not wan't him to feel like this any longer...

Thanks.
    Is he Air National Guard, reserves, or active duty? For active he can get seen on base at medical because he's automatically enrolled in Tricare Prime. Also, they have to get yearly physicals done so as much as he wants to avoid it he'll have to get seen by a military doctor eventually.

Have him Google the number for Tricare South so he can speak with someone about the questions he has about his medical insurance. They're very easy to work with.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgirlBay View Post
    He promises to see a Dr. but does not want anyone to know and on top of this.. he has no idea how to navigate the whole TriCare program.
    Who is it he doesn't want to know about him having seen a doctor? If you mean the military, this isn't going to happen as the military covers his medical. He needs to call and make an appointment at the hospital/clinic on base.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He should be automatically enrolled in prime. I know when DH is sick all he has to do is go to work and ask to go to sick call and they send him to the dr. but the Air Force might be different than the Navy.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    He should be automatically enrolled in prime. I know when DH is sick all he has to do is go to work and ask to go to sick call and they send him to the dr. but the Air Force might be different than the Navy.
    Thats how it works in the Marines. When they're sick they ask to go to medical (on base).

6. Senior Member
    If he's active duty, then the military provides his medical. And that doesn't just mean they give him insurance. They send him to the doctor, and yes, the have access to the information in nearly all cases.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    Assuming he is active duty, all he has to do is report to his superior and they will send him to a doctor/hospital or whatever.
  8. Senior Member
    And also to add, depending on his career field it can be dangerous for him to not seek medical care. Obviously that depends on what the health issue is, but there are many career fields that will not allow him to do his current job until whatever health issue he is having is cleared by a practitioner.

And it's super easy for AD to see someone. He can make an appt at medical, go to sick call, or go to the emergency room if it is after hours or an emergent situation.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Senior Member
    Thank you all! I am on the the Tricare Website and I am going to try to find him a Dr.! And he does not mind if the military knows but he does not want them to know what it is about. He is facing severe anxiety and depression. He has never had this before but I have and I know what it looks like so I definitely want him to be seen for it.
  10. Senior Member
    Thank you all! I am on the the Tricare Website and I am going to try to find him a Dr.! And he does not mind if the military knows but he does not want them to know what it is about. He is facing severe anxiety and depression. He has never had this before but I have and I know what it looks like so I definitely want him to be seen for it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast