Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How do I setup Tricare???

1. Regular Member

How do I setup Tricare???

Advertisements
    My husband and I have been married a month and I'm in Deers but how do I know if I'm enrolled in Tricare? Is it automatic when your enrolled in Deers or do I need to call them Tricare directly to finish things up? Also I have Atnea from working in the hospital but I was discontinuing it just to have Tricare instead now. Do they send out insurance cards like usual insurance company's? TIA!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

you're automatically enrolled in tricare standard and can call or fill out a form I believe to change it to prime. your ID is your insurance card.
  3. Regular Member
    Great thanks! I will call them.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy921 View Post
    Great thanks! I will call them.
    i would do a query on here about the difference between standard and prime and decide which you think you want before calling
  5. Regular Member
    In your preference which is better...I've heard prime can only be used on base unless referred to someone else and they don't have any out of pocket cost? Which I'm only an hour from Quantico so it's not that big of a deal to drive if I needed to.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

In your preference which is better...I've heard prime can only be used on base unless referred to someone else and they don't have any out of pocket cost? Which I'm only an hour from Quantico so it's not that big of a deal to drive if I needed to.
    i personally chose prime because not many doctors in my area take standard so if i have to change doctors anyway it may as well be co-pay free IMO but a lot of people prefer standard because you can pick your own doctor. I'm about half an hour north of Quantico in Woodbridge! where are you?
  7. Regular Member
    I guess I'll start with calling the office I'm at now and seeing if they take it and if not I'll more then likely just go with prime. I'm south I'm in Culpeper lol I've been to Woodbridge twice this week for Potomac mills (started Christmas shopping).
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I guess I'll start with calling the office I'm at now and seeing if they take it and if not I'll more then likely just go with prime. I'm south I'm in Culpeper lol I've been to Woodbridge twice this week for Potomac mills (started Christmas shopping).
    Nice thats not far at all! maybe we could meet up sometime!

tricare.mil has a way to look up doctors too. I hate the phone so thats how I did it
  9. Regular Member
    Absolutely! And I will try the website first then to check out things I'd prefer the website rather then phone as well. Thank you! ��
  10. Senior Member
    I was told once I enrolled in DEERS that I was enrolled in tricare. But I had questions about something so I called tricare and they confirmed I was enrolled. I think I just googled "tricare customer service number" and called the number that popped up.