Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not sure if this is the right thread

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help not sure if this is the right thread

Advertisements
    My fh is a veteran he was in from 2000 to 2014 . At this time he was married to another woman. The Army gave him a less than honorable discharge because she became a liability. He did four tours for our country we are a very proud Army family but I need to know how we can fix his discharge he has never been convicted of any crime or ever been in trouble. I love him with all my heart and will help him any way I can!!!! Where do I start? Please help out a very devoted fiancé!!! He also struggles with PTSD but still works every day driving long haul big rigs.#oneproudsoldiersbaby
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremrssmith View Post
    My fh is a veteran he was in from 2000 to 2014 . At this time he was married to another woman. The Army gave him a less than honorable discharge because she became a liability. He did four tours for our country we are a very proud Army family but I need to know how we can fix his discharge he has never been convicted of any crime or ever been in trouble. I love him with all my heart and will help him any way I can!!!! Where do I start? Please help out a very devoted fiancé!!! He also struggles with PTSD but still works every day driving long haul big rigs.#oneproudsoldiersbaby
    How was his ex-wife a liability and responsible for his discharge?

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm not sure he said when he was deployed she wouldn't follow base regulations and when stationed at Carson she abandoned the house she laughs about ruining his career he was in before 2000 too He went n first in 96 she don't like me needless to say
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Awwww amazing!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    I don't think it works like that lol. I'm willing to bet there's something he isn't telling you.
  6. Senior Member
    You can't really fix his discharge. He would have to prove there were mistakes made when doing the paperwork for his discharge. If the reasons for the discharge are true, you cannot fix it.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremrssmith View Post
    I'm not sure he said when he was deployed she wouldn't follow base regulations and when stationed at Carson she abandoned the house she laughs about ruining his career he was in before 2000 too He went n first in 96 she don't like me needless to say
    are you sure you got the full story? If she didn't follow base rules then she would have lost base privledges. When you "abandon" yoru home on base they take it back and you have to live off base. But i highly doubt her unruliness was the ONLY thing that lead to his discharge. This is what I found about Other than Honorable Discharges:
    The most severe type of military administrative discharge is the Other Than Honorable Conditions.* Some examples of actions that could lead to an Other Than Honorable Discharge include security violations,* use of violence, conviction by a civilian court with a sentence including prison time, or being found guilty of adultery in a divorce hearing (this list is not a definitive list; these are only examples).* In most cases, veterans who receive an Other Than Honorable Discharge cannot re-enlist in the Armed Forces or reserves, except under very rare circumstances.* Veteran’s benefits are not usually available to those discharged through this type of discharge.
    It is possible to get the discharge upgraded but it's VERY rare.

8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I'd ask him for the full story. It sounds like there's a lot you might not know.
  9. Senior Member
    I agree with all the PPs, I would be asking more questions about the situation.

10. Senior Member
    I agree with PP, sounds like you aren't getting the whole story.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast