Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discounts

1. Senior Member

Discounts

Advertisements
    This is probably a stupid question but I think one thing on it and husband thinks another, so I want to ask so I know for sure.

When at a store that offers military discounts can I show my dependent ID and get a discount? I know if he shows his he will get a discount. We were at Macy's last week and he mentioned that they do military discounts and I commented "Oh so if I come without you I can get a discount, that's cool." He said "No, it won't work if you show your ID."

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he's wrong. But I thought it worked either way. Can anyone give me some insight? Please and thank you!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but I think one thing on it and husband thinks another, so I want to ask so I know for sure.

When at a store that offers military discounts can I show my dependent ID and get a discount? I know if he shows his he will get a discount. We were at Macy's last week and he mentioned that they do military discounts and I commented "Oh so if I come without you I can get a discount, that's cool." He said "No, it won't work if you show your ID."

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he's wrong. But I thought it worked either way. Can anyone give me some insight? Please and thank you!
    i think it depends on the store; i know I've seen my mom use her ID to get a discount before and I used mine when I was still my dad's dependent but some stores will say you can't...
  3. Senior Member

Are you sure Macy's does a military discount? I know the location near me does not.

I've never had a store that offered a military discount tell me I couldn't get the discount with a military dependent ID. I know some museums and attractions will sometimes only give the discount to the service member or they will let me in too if he shows his active ID.

4. Senior Member
    I've always had my dependent ID accepted for a military discount at stores. It will specify if it is for active duty only.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I've always had my dependent ID accepted for a military discount at stores. It will specify if it is for active duty only.
    This.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Are you sure Macy's does a military discount? I know the location near me does not.

I've never had a store that offered a military discount tell me I couldn't get the discount with a military dependent ID. I know some museums and attractions will sometimes only give the discount to the service member or they will let me in too if he shows his active ID.
    Just double checked on the store and it was Macy's. I wasn't with him when he bought the items cause it was my Christmas present, but I saw the receipt and it said military discount.

Thank you for all the input ladies! I appreciate the help
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

Just double checked on the store and it was Macy's. I wasn't with him when he bought the items cause it was my Christmas present, but I saw the receipt and it said military discount.

Thank you for all the input ladies! I appreciate the help
    So you were or weren't with him?

life's a party, rock your body
  8. Senior Member
    I've seen some stores specify spouses on the signs. Like it will says to military and their spouses. Others just take an active duty ID. It depends on the store but generally ive never seen a store say "no you can't have his discount" because someone didn't have the active duty ID
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    So you were or weren't with him?
    Was and wasn't. We went together and I pointed out things that I would like, and then I left. So in the beginning I was with him, and when he checked out I wasn't so I wouldn't see what he was getting me. Sorry should have specified!
  10. Senior Member

Not all stores will give dependents the discounts but the majority do. But yeah he is wrong about Macys if I remember correctly.

I never use them except at lowes/home depot because well that is where I am spending big bucks so I'll try and save the 10% there. Otherwise I didn't serve so I don't ask for the discount. Just MY view and unless you flip out if told no, I don't judge others for asking for it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast