Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare?

1. Senior Member

Tricare?

Advertisements
    I hope this is the right forum for this.
    Since we've moved overseas I have to be put on tricare prime instead of standard to actually make a doctors appointment. Can I do this online or do I have to go into the tricare office?
    Thanks

2. Senior Member
    I called Tricare to have DS switched from Standard to Prime and it was fixed with no problem. Make sure you follow up, though, my friend did the same thing and found out two months later when she went to make her son an appointment that they never actually switched it in the system.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You'll call the tricare line to make appointments or go on the website to do it.

We found calling in was easier then online; but, that depends on the provider. You would call the clinic.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    You'll call the tricare line to make appointments or go on the website to do it.

We found calling in was easier then online; but, that depends on the provider. You would call the clinic.
    I think she's asking how to switch from Standard to Prime. If not my answer is totally wrong.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies.
    Yeah I was wondering how to switch from standard to prime.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post
    I hope this is the right forum for this.
    Since we've moved overseas I have to be put on tricare prime instead of standard to actually make a doctors appointment. Can I do this online or do I have to go into the tricare office?
    Thanks
    This is the part I answered. That is why I answered why I did. Oh well.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    This is the part I answered. That is why I answered why I did. Oh well.
    No one was downing you for your answer. She was saying to actually make a doctors appointment she has to switch from standard to prime because she's overseas and she can't go to an off-base provider.

I only posted my response because if I read the question wrong she was probably confused by my answer.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    No one was downing you for your answer. She was saying to actually make a doctors appointment she has to switch from standard to prime because she's overseas and she can't go to an off-base provider.

I only posted my response because if I read the question wrong she was probably confused by my answer.
    I'm not worried about. Just questioning did I read it right. LOL I figured...oh well. It is what it is.
  9. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Go to the Tricare office at the Naval Hospital on Foster and sign the paperwork. It's technically Tricare Overseas Prime. They're super quick, and you'll be enrolled that day and get to pick your PCM. I've never waited more than 2 minutes in that office.

Or you can sign up at the welcome aboard brief. I went early to the office, because I was pregnant and needed to make an appt ASAP.
  10. Senior Member
    Should be part of inprocessing at most bases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast