Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Transitional Assistance Management Program?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Transitional Assistance Management Program?

Advertisements
    Its been a crazy week. DH ran around the last few days of his terminal leave and after hunting down an officer swore into the reserves. This is all super-deduper new to me. I thought DH would be enrolling in Reserve Select but Tricare's guide says he isn't qualified but doesn't say why. The TAMPs program is the only thing I can think would be why.

It says
    Separating from regular active duty service and agree to become a member of the Selected Reserve of a Reserve Component. The Service member must become a Selected Reservist the day immediately following release from regular active duty service to qualify.
    Does that mean since DH is a your normal 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year reservist who transitioned from active duty he is eligible for TAMPs? Am I missing something? I am hoping that is the case. Insurance is pricey in general but at least tricare keeps the cost way way down.

2. Senior Member
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know how you can find out for sure. DH was told that he was eligible for TAMP but the day he separated our tricare was canceled. I called to find out how to fix it and they had me call DEERS and they checked his eligibility by his separation code on his DD214. He wasn't eligible, which sucked, but that's another rant
  3. Senior Member
    You can also log into the DEERS website and it will day eligible or not. Good luck!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ah okay, that gave me a starting point. Thanks! It looks like since DH had talked to the tricare guy before deciding to do reserves he was listed as ineligible and it didn't occur to anyone to update that too so he has to go in and get that corrected.