Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAS Back Pay Form???

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Bang Head BAS Back Pay Form???

Advertisements
    Hello all!

Recently I moved to FL to live with my DH and thus took over managing our budget as a whole and for a few months I thought I was doing math wrong - we were coming up almost $400 short so between our busy schedules I finally got a look at my hubby's LES and saw that BAS was still being deducted - even though he moved off base and stopped eating at the Galley in Nov. 2014. After we realized it was almost $3,000 that we were missing out on we asked one of the 'higher ups' in my husbands shop at his command and they sent him through a few loops and turns and finally let us know about a form we can fill out to petition for back pay, since it's more than 6 month's ago and no one seems to have paperwork except for us. -.-

Does anyone know where we can find this mythical form??? The only form I've found thus far is DD form 827 but it appears to be for deceased members whose family is looking for the rest of their checks....
  2. Senior Member

We use the AF IMT 220. I'm not sure what the Navy uses. Has he talked to Finance about it? They should have the form and explain what to do.
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    We use the AF IMT 220. I'm not sure what the Navy uses. Has he talked to Finance about it? They should have the form and explain what to do.
    Thanks so much! I'll see if the Navy has a version of it.

I don't actually know if he has :/ We've been super busy but I just don't want him to sweep it under the rug, like he does with a lot of things. "Oh my brother can't pay us back $20." No biggie... The Navy not paying back almost $3k x.x ugh
  4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HannahZee View Post
    Thanks so much! I'll see if the Navy has a version of it.

I don't actually know if he has :/ We've been super busy but I just don't want him to sweep it under the rug, like he does with a lot of things. "Oh my brother can't pay us back $20." No biggie... The Navy not paying back almost $3k x.x ugh
    I would absolutely want 3K. We just found out one of my Amn wasn't getting BAS (we get it for our job no matter if we are in dorms or housing) and she knew she wasn't getting it but didn't bring it up. She said she went to finance once and they didn't fix it so she didn't worry with it. Well she is getting $3200 in back pay now. He definitely needs to talk to finance about it and not rely on his leadership to do it for him, if finance still doesn't fix it then he needs to take it to his leadership.
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I would absolutely want 3K. We just found out one of my Amn wasn't getting BAS (we get it for our job no matter if we are in dorms or housing) and she knew she wasn't getting it but didn't bring it up. She said she went to finance once and they didn't fix it so she didn't worry with it. Well she is getting $3200 in back pay now. He definitely needs to talk to finance about it and not rely on his leadership to do it for him, if finance still doesn't fix it then he needs to take it to his leadership.
    Sounds like a plan!!! I feel a tiny bit bad asking him to do this, because he's in financials and it's the end of the month but sheesh!!! XD
  6. Moderator

Has he been out to sea? Because even if they live off the ship, in port, when out they get BAS deducted.

When I was married to my exDH, who is Navy, we never counted on BAS, because they were in and out so much.

If he hasn't been out, then I would have him going talk to the people in finance. I don't know what help forms online will be, because he is going to have to run it all through them anyway.
  7. Senior Member
    If he is in Finance, I might give him a by until 1 Oct as the end of the fiscal year is really, really busy for Finance.
  8. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Has he been out to sea? Because even if they live off the ship, in port, when out they get BAS deducted.

When I was married to my exDH, who is Navy, we never counted on BAS, because they were in and out so much.

If he hasn't been out, then I would have him going talk to the people in finance. I don't know what help forms online will be, because he is going to have to run it all through them anyway.
    Nope, if he had been 'in and out' I would be more understanding but when he checked out of the Barracks to move into our house it never went through. He doesn't have the form to stop the deductions b/c he turned it in when he checked out.
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    If he is in Finance, I might give him a by until 1 Oct as the end of the fiscal year is really, really busy for Finance.
    It's already been cancelled as far as it being deducted but as far as fighting it we're prepared to wait. XD He's not in finance for the base or command, just for his shop, but it's the same thing. x.x
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    For Air Force, that is something you need to go to Finance to get worked through. They will give you the form or have it electronically sent.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast