Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Flu... Or something!

1. Regular Member

Flu... Or something!

Advertisements
    Ok I just got back in town from hubby's pir. And I am so sick! I keep having a fever of like 102,i am hurting all over very bad nose is stopping up coughing all the time to the point that I vomit. All that said, I want to know about going to the er? I am on Tricare prime but I do not have the money to pay a copay so would there be one?? I have a doc appointment for September 11th. For something else but what can I do right now?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Call up every morning to get in for same day or see if you can go to urgent care; but, I wouldn't do the ER. Unless you have been this sick for over a number of days, I wouldn't do the ER.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Yes you need to call/go to urgent care and if they can't help you they will send you to the ER. At least, that's what they did for me when I got sick. I didn't not have to pay for anything.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    Ok I just got back in town from hubby's pir. And I am so sick! I keep having a fever of like 102,i am hurting all over very bad nose is stopping up coughing all the time to the point that I vomit. All that said, I want to know about going to the er? I am on Tricare prime but I do not have the money to pay a copay so would there be one?? I have a doc appointment for September 11th. For something else but what can I do right now?
    Either go to the ER or if you only have a clinic call tricare and let them know you need authorization to go to an outside er (you can go but they have been known to refuse to pay if one goes without their ok) or to a urgent care clinic. They should get you either an appt or approval to go.
  5. Senior Member
    tylenol helps me when i have fevers. hope you feel better soon! when i went with DF to urgent care on the weekend one time they had to call tricare to get some referral number or something so they could reimburse him? i don't know what was going on that weekend, they had some kind of technical difficulty... maybe? anyway it didn't work and he ended up going on base to a military clinic