Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare?? How to.

1. Regular Member

Tricare?? How to.

Advertisements
    Ok so new to the whole Tricare thing I have prime and I have a doctor on base, but I do not know how to set up a appointment with her for the first time? Do I just go in is there a number I should call is there a Tricare web site to find this info? And as far as vision how do I do that?
  2. Senior Member

There is a number you call.
    Google should bring it up for your area ("TriCare appointment line Norfolk" or wherever)

3. Senior Member
    I usually do everything through Tricareonline.com but I think the website has been down. Otherwise, I've Googled the doctor or clinic name and call there to set up an appointment. I think when I called, I told them my name and they figured out everything else on their end. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I hope it goes as smoothly for you!
  4. Regular Member
    Lol me to thank you guys I was so unsure of where to even start
  5. Senior Member
    Yeah you should be able to google (for next time if you didn't right it down) the appt line for your base hospital and than you call it and tell them you need an appt. They do everything from there while asking you the info they need to get you to the right dr for the right reason.

As for vision (since that is not done at military hospitals for dependents stateside) you just find a dr who takes tricare or go to the eye dr if there is one in your exchange area (most bases have them). They will cover a glasses prescription but contact exam is on you. Than you get your script and find glasses or contacts somewhere and buy them. That is an out of pocket expense as well. I go to zenni optical for all my family's glasses need as you can get some super cute glasses at low prices. Just make sure to get your pupil distance along with your prescription as you will need it to order.