Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Standard Question

1. Senior Member

Tricare Standard Question

Advertisements
    If I have Tricare Standard can I still be seen by a provider on post?

I can't find a direct answer from Google
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    According to the factsheet, (google Tricare Standard and seeing Doctors on base and it is the PDF file) You may be eligible to see a TRICARE provider (military or civilian) at a military hospital or clinic on a space-available basis.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    According to the factsheet, (google Tricare Standard and seeing Doctors on base and it is the PDF file) You may be eligible to see a TRICARE provider (military or civilian) at a military hospital or clinic on a space-available basis.
    Thank you! they have space available in the midwifery clinic. I am having to leave my OB and I'm almost 35 weeks
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    Thank you! they have space available in the midwifery clinic. I am having to leave my OB and I'm almost 35 weeks
    Your best bet is to call. I'm sorry you have to leave them. I had my OB leave when I was 30+ weeks pregnant and I had to get another one.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I believe no matter which tri-care, every dependent is actually encouraged to use medical on base. It keeps down the costs.
    I will look up an answer for you though.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, on a space available basis.
    file:///E:/Users/Asher/Desktop/TSE_FS.pdf
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Your best bet is to call. I'm sorry you have to leave them. I had my OB leave when I was 30+ weeks pregnant and I had to get another one.
    Yeah I'm going to call today and try and get an appointment. They were closed yesterday by the time I was able to get around to calling. It definitely sucks having to switch. Especially since I love my OB. But oh well! Life happens

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Yes, on a space available basis.
    Thank you!! I figured they probably would since financially it makes sense for them to have as many people as possible use the on-post facilities.