Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Dependent ID Card- Questions!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Military Dependent ID Card- Questions!

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! My husband is currently in basic training. Last Friday, I got the DD Form 1172-2 in the mail to get my Military dependent ID card. I have read in a couple places that your sponsor needed to be with you when you went to get in the card, and then other places say that as long as the form is signed by your sponsor, then that is all you need (along with necessary paperwork). Did anyone else get there Military dependent ID card while their spouse was in basic training? Thanks so much!
  2. Moderator

Is it signed by him already?

As long as you have the necessary paperwork (birth cert, social card, marriage license), you should be able to do it with a Power of Attorney.
  3. Senior Member
    While they are in basic, they fill out all the paperwork and send it to you so that you can get your ID without them being there. Go to the RAPIDS Site Locator find the closest facility, call to see if they make appointments and what forms of ID you will need to take with you and bring that along with the paperwork your DH sent you and they will issue you an ID.
  4. Senior Member
    I got a new dependent ID card with that form and two forms of valid identification. The first time, I think you also need to bring your SSN card and marriage certificate. I don't remember if you need your birth certificate. I just bring it all because I don't want to go back because I forgot something.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Is it signed by him already?

As long as you have the necessary paperwork (birth cert, social card, marriage license), you should be able to do it with a Power of Attorney.
    Yes, he signed it! thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Deifick View Post
    I got a new dependent ID card with that form and two forms of valid identification. The first time, I think you also need to bring your SSN card and marriage certificate. I don't remember if you need your birth certificate. I just bring it all because I don't want to go back because I forgot something.
    Okay thank you so much! Haha yeah, I am always paranoid about not having enough either, I have a folder ready with all my ID's, SSN card, marriage and birth certificate! Thank you so much!
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    While they are in basic, they fill out all the paperwork and send it to you so that you can get your ID without them being there. Go to the RAPIDS Site Locator find the closest facility, call to see if they make appointments and what forms of ID you will need to take with you and bring that along with the paperwork your DH sent you and they will issue you an ID.
    Okay, awesome! Thank you so much for the website and the information!