Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much does wisdom teeth extraction cost?

1. Senior Member

How much does wisdom teeth extraction cost?

Advertisements
    I know this can vary widely but with tricare dental or whatever it's called, how much should I expect this to cost? Worst case scenario, let's say I have the most impacted teeth ever and I need all four out. Ballpark? Hundreds? Thousands? More? Less?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I used my college dental program i honestly don't know how much they were since my parents paid it. It also depends on if what they have to do! i know for me I had a bad case and It took longer (more cost since the time/labour) Honestly I hated having mine removed. I hear roughly 250 per tooth without any insurance (I could be way off but thats what i have heard)
  3. Senior Member

I have no idea because I'm active duty, luckily, so when I got my bottom two pulled I didn't pay anything. But I'm sure google knows the answer for the civilian side and it probably won't be TOO much different.
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    If they're all severely impacted, your share would probably be somewhere around $1000. Your dentist should totally be able to give you a treatment plan though and they should have a PRETTY good idea on whether or not you'll have simple extractions or partial bony or if it's going to be awful (and usually they overestimate if anything so that if they're wrong, it's in your favor). I want to say for all of mine I paid $200-something, but that was for 3 simple extractions and one partial bony.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I didn't have insurance when I had one pulled. It was a top without being sedated and I think it was less than $300.
  6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Your dental office should be able to give you an estimate. It also depends on how big of a dental-phobe you are. Do you require sedation for everything? Or could you handle teeth being pulled just being numbed? I had my top 2 pulled, just numbing and it was around $300 that my insurance paid.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Your dental office should be able to give you an estimate. It also depends on how big of a dental-phobe you are. Do you require sedation for everything? Or could you handle teeth being pulled just being numbed? I had my top 2 pulled, just numbing and it was around $300 that my insurance paid.
    Honestly the only thing that scares me about the dentist is the possibility of being quoted for expensive dental work.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Oh man, I couldn't imagine being awake for that! But I'm a big baby and even having a cavity filled freaked me out. I had my wisdom teeth and a supernumerary tooth removed and they put me under. I had it done when I was 15 *I think*... so I don't know what it cost with insurance.

9. Moderator

I had mine all out, along with a molar that one of them grew into (my wisdom teeth came in horizontal, straight into my other molars), with just local numbing. I paid a lot of money even so, but they were stupidly screwed up. My stupid mouth sucks. It was probably $2k for all five teeth to come out. BUT, they were all incredibly complicated extractions except one. I did it in two sittings and I think the one that wasn't complicated only cost like $150 of the total.

It's not fun, but it's not terrible without going under. The bill is much more painful if you have to pay for anesthesia.
  10. Senior Member
    Ughhhhhhhhhhh I would honestly rather just leave them in my mouth than pay for this. I think that's what I'm gonna do. Every time I go to the dentist they tell me I need them out but I don't really understand why because they're already grown in and don't bother me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast