Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare issue when not close to a base

1. Regular Member

Tricare issue when not close to a base

Advertisements
    we live 47 miles from base. has anyone had any problems with finding a doctor that takes tricare. also how does the cost sharing work. I am so use to blue cross this is all new to me. we just want to save money for when dh is deployed.

thank you

Erica
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I always just called tricare (or even used their website) and found a doctor that way.
    Never had any issues....
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I don't have tricare but I've nosied around on their web site before and it seems like you could just use the site to locate a doctor. I agree with Chika that you can probably find out directly through them (either by calling or going online). Or you could always call doctors yourself and ask if they accept Tricare. I've done that and it was faster than being on hold (I'm on Aetna).
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It really depends on your location. The website is excellent for finding doctors, and then start calling. Many will say on the site not accepting new patients, but it never hurts to call directly and ask.
    But you also want to call tri-care and see what coverage you will have off base, and what your deductibles, etc will be.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    Do you have Prime or Standard?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Call Tricare... even if you are on Prime, you have to get approval to be seen off base if less than 50 miles.
    STandard.. you can go to any doctor that accepts Tricare, you can go online (or call) and they can get a doctor for you.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Regular Member
    thank you ladies I am going to call in am when less hetic I have standard then have prime march 1. I tried the online it only shows the base and that will be a pia when my kids are sick. THank you for all your help
  8. Senior Member
    Sounds like you got your answer.

I'm on prime remote since I'm 60 miles from a limited military base clinic and 2 1/2 hours from an actual medical clinic. So for me, I see anyone who will take United Healthcare who is currently contracted with Tricare.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  9. Senior Member
    If you're on standard you can use urgent care. It's been easy for me to find doctors for the most part. Whether Prime will let you go off base will depend on the actual base. We live 35 miles from base and they've been letting people here go off base. I just can't stand the referral process so have opted to stay on Standard regardless.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by bluebellefun View Post
    thank you ladies I am going to call in am when less hetic I have standard then have prime march 1. I tried the online it only shows the base and that will be a pia when my kids are sick. THank you for all your help
    have you changed the settings to where it is not only searching for military treatment facilities? It will pop up with military treatment facilities first, and on a separate list you can find individual providers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast