Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone else who sees a chiropractor often?

1. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries

Bang Head Anyone else who sees a chiropractor often?

Advertisements
    So I went to my PCM for the first time today to get any referrals out of the way. I went to ask her about chiropractors and find out they aren't covered . I have two disks in my back that are thinned out and with my normal chiropractic care I don't have issues and they space out due to manipulation and when it's left untreated it goes into what they call "spasms" which basically means I pass out from pain in my back and I can't move until I'm adjusted... and now I'm finding out I don't have any kind of coverage and it's worrying me.

Are there other ladies here that see a chiropractor fairly often? What do you do? Do you use a secondary insurance? Do you work out a payment plan with your chiropractor? Or is there some kind of "chiropractic care" insurance out there?

I'd appreciate anyone with advice, I really don't want to have to wait for a spasm then have to be on the waiting list to go to a PT session while being unable to move . I'm about to kick myself because open enrollment just ended for us here at work so any kind of insurance I'd have to find elsewhere.

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I pay out of pocket, it is 35 dollars a session and I go every 6 -8 weeks.
  3. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm interesting... is it special deal you worked with your chiropractor? I feel like because the cost of living out here is so high that it would be really expensive out of pocket...

4. Senior Member
    I pay out of pocket too. I go once a month (and will up my visits according to my OB schedule for the pregnancy) and pay $45 a visit. I go to a chiropractor in Boulder too, so i'd ask your provider. It really isn't that expensive, at least where I am.

Edited to add: that's their standard rate, and my chiropractor specializes in prenatal/postnatal women and children.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Hubby goes often.
    It is not covered by Tricare, I don't even know if its covered by any other insurance.

Its paid out of pocket. The one he goes to offers a good military discount (like 30-40%), we paid for like 6 months of service to get additional 10% off. He goes alot.. 2-3 times a month.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    My old insurance from my mom used to cover it and all I had to pay was $5. That was the life.

Hmmm I will contact my chiropractor hopefully they will cut me some slack, they usually are pretty good.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My chiropractor has a 50% off military discount for the first 10 adjustments, then I bought a year-plan for a much cheaper rate. I go once per week, I used to go twice per week. I'm hoping to get well soon enough that I'll only go once per 2 weeks, then once per 4 - 6 weeks. My old insurance, blue cross blue shield, covered some of it.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."