Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: When to Expect Basic Training Pay

1. Regular Member

When to Expect Basic Training Pay

Advertisements
    Hello~ I read that the first paycheck is often received 6 weeks after basic training has begun. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true? If it is true, do they just write one check for the three pay periods and 1-2 BAH? I'm trying to learn as much as possible so that I can plan as best as I can, so any feedback is appreciated!
  2. Regular Member
    I dont remember how long it took because DH went to basic in 2006 but it will be back paid to the date he joined.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylah View Post
    Hello~ I read that the first paycheck is often received 6 weeks after basic training has begun. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true? If it is true, do they just write one check for the three pay periods and 1-2 BAH? I'm trying to learn as much as possible so that I can plan as best as I can, so any feedback is appreciated!
    You do need to remember the first check is going to be small even if it is back dated to when he first went in. They have all sorts of things they take money out for so it is never what is expected.
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    To put it simply, the first check he gets will be back dated to the date he joined. If he was married prior to joining, then it will also include BAH.

As southern said, expect the check to be smaller due to other things that the money is taken out for (such as uniforms). I would generally expect his first check to be the 15th of the month following his first 30 days. So if he went in 1 Sept, I would not expect a check until at least 15 Nov.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Regular Member
    thank you for your insight
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    I would generally expect his first check to be the 15th of the month following his first 30 days. So if he went in 1 Sept, I would not expect a check until at least 15 Nov.
    I am just a bucket of nerves right now and am trying to get an idea of what to anticipate Did you mean 15 Oct with your example or did I misunderstand and it would more likely be 15 Nov per your example?
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylah View Post
    I am just a bucket of nerves right now and am trying to get an idea of what to anticipate Did you mean 15 Oct with your example or did I misunderstand and it would more likely be 15 Nov per your example?
    Sorry.. yeah, meant 15 Oct.
    Did he get a check yet? If he didn't get it on the 15th, then he should get it this week. It shouldn't go more than 2 months for a first check.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Sorry.. yeah, meant 15 Oct.
    Did he get a check yet? If he didn't get it on the 15th, then he should get it this week. It shouldn't go more than 2 months for a first check.
    My apologies for not responding sooner, I am still getting the hang of the forums. He is not in quite yet. Hopefully it won't take more than 2 months. Thank you again!