Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Submitting AA degree two years after enisting

1. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"

Submitting AA degree two years after enisting

Advertisements
    Long story short just after completing college for his AA DH joined the Navy and wasn't able to submit his degree before enlisting. He has been in for almost two years now and we finally have the transcripts and everything ready to submit but have no idea where to send it. DH said his command isn't being helpful at all and the only information he got is that we are supposed to send it to Virginia, buttttttt we don't know to who or exactly where. Has anyone had to do this?
  2. Senior Member
    I must be missing something - why does he need to submit that information to the Navy?
  3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Why does he need to submit his degree? At this point he already has his rate and they aren't going to change it over a degree.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Is he wanting to get it on his SMART Transcript? Okay, so my husband said that is now called JST. He said your husband needs to sign into NKO and go to the JST section and they'll have instructions on how to submit his transcripts. Now, that's what my husband said (about NKO) but it looks like maybe he can sign in here with his CAC: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Why does he need to submit his degree? At this point he already has his rate and they aren't going to change it over a degree.
    I have absolutely no idea how any of the degree type stuff works, so totally take this with a grain of salt. But could it help him rank up? Or maybe he eventually wants to become an officer and needs it? I was kind of curious myself why he would need to summit it.
  6. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Is he wanting to get it on his SMART Transcript? Okay, so my husband said that is now called JST. He said your husband needs to sign into NKO and go to the JST section and they'll have instructions on how to submit his transcripts. Now, that's what my husband said (about NKO) but it looks like maybe he can sign in here with his CAC: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
    Thank you! Yes he is trying to get it onto his SMART transcript and he is in the process of applying for STA-21 so he needs to submit his degree to have it on file.
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatchbell322 View Post
    Thank you! Yes he is trying to get it onto his SMART transcript and he is in the process of applying for STA-21 so he needs to submit his degree to have it on file.
    You're welcome! Good luck to him!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  8. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    You're welcome! Good luck to him!
    Thank you!