Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military ID Card

1. Senior Member

Military ID Card

Advertisements
    I have all my paperwork in order to get my first id card but is there anything I should know about the card or is it just like a driver's license? Are they sticklers with making you get a new one with every new hair color? Aren't I auto-enrolled in Tricare or do I still need to set that up? Any details I should know?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Similar to a licence. Bring two forms of ID, one of which is a picture state id, and the other needs to be either birth cirtificate, passport, or other approved id.
    Don;t be late for your appointment. after 5 minutes, they WILL cancel your appointment.
    don't lose it!
    No stickers for hair color changes. (never heard of that before for any id.)

Your sponsor should have signed you up for DEERS, and tri care is a part of that. Unless you are both doing that when you go to get your ID.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    As Guy said.. two forms of ID, along withe DD1172 that your husband should have sent/signed.

You do not have to get a new with every change. Some bases require when new rank is achieved, but that's rare. Usually, just a new card when it expires.

You are automatically enrolled into Tricare Standard. You can call them or go online for more information.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Also I would recommend not going when you're platinum blonde if you can help it I did once and yeah....I looked like a super alien
  5. Senior Member
    Just be mentally prepared. It's going to be the worst picture you've ever taken, and you're going to have to show it to people ALL THE TIME.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just be mentally prepared. It's going to be the worst picture you've ever taken, and you're going to have to show it to people ALL THE TIME.
    LoL Best advice ever! Thanks for the heads up!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Now you have to post the picture of you from YOUR id!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Now you have to post the picture of you from YOUR id!
    We need clarification of said ID.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Senior Member
    oh god this. It was early in the morning, I was still jet lagged, he told me he'd count to 3 and he didn't. It looks like a mug shot. DH says 'thug life!' every time I hand him my ID

10. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    oh god this. It was early in the morning, I was still jet lagged, he told me he'd count to 3 and he didn't. It looks like a mug shot. DH says 'thug life!' every time I hand him my ID
    Sorry, I just to this! You should change your username to ThugLife! I obviously need sleep.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast