Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Letter from tricare?

1. Senior Member

Letter from tricare?

Advertisements
    Some of you may not remember me (previously tna111905 and emsjunkie) so sorry if I cause any confusion. Ex-h and I were divorced in march this year after he had separated from the navy. I got a letter from tricare that states it's some sort of certificate of insurance because I have pre existing conditions other health insurance may not cover me because of (I thought the healthcare act did away with that?). I called ex-h and asked if he got anything from tricare or knew anything about it he had no clue. I'm sort of confused myself anyone else have this happen?
    Last edited by oh*shiny; 05-16-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Hit post too soon yay for mobile
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Have you called Tricare?

I am not sure but it sounds like it might be something to state that you had (or still do have) insurance .. IDK.. maybe its to help you in case you cannot get decent coverage because of your condition.

But i would call Tricare.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I
    Last edited by gunsgirl; 09-10-2014 at 08:16 AM.
  4. Senior Member
    I haven't called them I'm not sure if they will talk to me since I'm not a dependent anymore? BCBS refused to talk to me about an EOB when I dropped them. I had no problem applying for insurance through the health connections website they approved me. I've saved the letter it just seemed strange they even quoted the ACA and not being covered. The only pre existing conditions I have are asthma and endometriosis both which BCBS and tricare covered me for without a problem before the ACA came out. As many insurance companies as I've worked with you would think I would have a clue.