Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kids benefits after divorce.

1. in love.
    in love.

Question Kids benefits after divorce.

Advertisements
    Our year separation is almost up in June. I know I have to turn in my ID after the divorce is finalized. How do IDs work for my kids? They are 3 and 4. I read that you don't get an ID made until they are 8 (or is it 10?). Anyways, what's the deal with that?
    hi.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Your kids will get their own ID cards:

Note: Children under 10 years of age do not receive an ID card unless the following condition(s) exist:
    Single parent family
    Joint military family
    Child residing outside of household
  3. Senior Member
    The children will have an ID card like stated above.

Military Benefits After Divorce | Military Benefits

Medical benefits

Getting Divorced

Edited to add this link

Military Divorce and Separation -- ID Cards, Lawyers, and Housing
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  4. Senior Member
    Yes, this is how it worked for us until DD was in DEERS under DH. She was six when she had her first ID made.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Here is an odd question. The kids are allowed on base. You do not have an id. you need to take them to medical. Can you drive them on base with just their ID and your license? I can just see the guard saying, Sorry ma'am, the 6 year old needs to walk. You can wait here.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Here is an odd question. The kids are allowed on base. You do not have an id. you need to take them to medical. Can you drive them on base with just their ID and your license? I can just see the guard saying, Sorry ma'am, the 6 year old needs to walk. You can wait here.

Yes, basically the minor is sponsoring the parent on base. A friend of mine in Kansas had this when she and her husband divorced. She was able to take them on base to the clinics for their appointments and was able to come into the base housing area where the youth center was located for activities for the kids.
  7. Senior Member

What everyone else has said.

Additionally, if you want to shop at the commissary and whatnot you can get an agent pass, but you're only allowed to buy things that can reasonably be considered for the cardholder (in this case your child's) use. No alcohol, cigarettes, adult sized clothing etc.
  8. in love.
    in love.
    Awesome. Thanks guys. :-)
    hi.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Sometimes they issue the former spouse a letter to get on base/post to do things for the ID holding child. This helps when the former spouse needs to access the base/post and the child is not with the former spouse (for example, shopping for the child at the exchange or picking up prescriptions, etc).