Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth...

1. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!

Wisdom teeth...

Advertisements
    Dh has to get his pulled 3 days before we go home to GA for leave. And then pretty much right when we get back he leaves for deployment. So he doesnt wanna get them pulled anymore. BEcause he doesnt wanna be miserable while home. Has your DH had them pulled out while in the military. My Dh is a HUGE baby when it comes to pain. And hes scared about not being put to sleep. So how was it for your SO?
  2. Senior Member
    DF had his pulled at the beginning of bootcamp. He didn't say much else about it except that he had about a day or two to recoup.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My boyfriend said his went fine. Mine went horribly though! I got trigeminal neuraligia on the right side of my face from the surgery. It was the most horrific and painful experience of my life. It lasted about 3 months!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Wes got his pulled in Iraq and it was awful, so def get it done here. When I had mine it was no prob. I slept for the day b/c I had the IV sedation, but after that I was up and around like usual. I think they put you on soups and soft food for a lil bit, but it really wasn't bad. I wasn't in pain or anything. either way!
  5. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!
    thank ladies! i had mine done. but i was put under. and i handle pain well. unlike DH. but we will see. hopefully everything goes smooth.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    good luck! hope it goes well!!
  7. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    DH had his pulled out in bootcamp...and he was really miserable..but he waited too long and he got an infection...they didn't have time to give him meds so the infection caused the numbing medicine to not work..so after getting shot up with novacaine alot he finally told him to just pull them..he also had an absesse which hurt him like hell..Tell him to not wait too long..I waited to long as well and the novacaine did not work really well with me either becuase of the infection..
  8. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Mine was fine at first... he got them done a couple weeks before deploying to Iraq... I guess they opened up and stuff got in the holes and then closed over... i dunno something really gross. He has had them cut open twice again in Iraq and was in a lot of pain there from infection. I really wish they had left them alone cause they weren't bothering him in the first place.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

9. Senior Member
    When I had mine done I just had the laughing gas, didn't get put under. They told me that doing it that way, you have a faster recovery because it's less of a stress to your body. I was fine after a couple days, however I couldn't run for quite awhile because it hurt my mouth to bounce like that lol.
    "I miss you when I'm sad. I miss you when I'm lonely. But most of all, I miss you when I'm happy."

10. bunkie
    mine had his pulled before his first OIF deployment. he was a huge baby afterward, he was in a lot of pain. He was off for about 5 days and then he was back to himself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast