Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: LES translator please?

1. Senior Member

LES translator please?

Advertisements
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why his check is so small. Anyone care to help me translate this nonsense? Of course, we'll probably end up going to finance just to check everything out but in the meantime I'm freaking out a little. He has deductions for overpayment of deployment allowances but it's like $100 and his check is $1000 less than the last one and $500 less than his predeployment checks Anyone? TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    It should say how much they deducted in the outgoing column with allotments etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    It should say how much they deducted in the outgoing column with allotments etc.
    It does, but the deduction for the overpayment is only $100 and his check is $500 less than it used to be. The taxes seem higher than they used to be, though.
  4. Senior Member
    check to make sure his deduction (taxes since you mentioned those) are proper. What has changed between last month and this month?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    check to make sure his deduction (taxes since you mentioned those) are proper. What has changed between last month and this month?
    The only thing that has changed is him coming home from deployment. It looks like it's just balancing weird from the mid month pay being so high. He got the full deployment allowances on the last check even though he came home on the 25th of November. They deducted the over payment which came to about $100. I don't have a pre deployment les to compare it to because he hit his two year mark the month he left so he was making less before he left. His deductions are the same as before he left though. He got one check that was the normal amount before deployment pay kicked in and it was about $500 more than this one. So logically I'd expect this one to be about $100 less than that one with the overage taken out but logic usually fails me when it comes to the army

I think we'll go to finance tomorrow just to be sure. It'll be a tight pay period but it'll work out.

Thanks for your help ladies!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    go to the pay chart to see what his BASE pay is suppose to be, then the BAH calculator. is there is a deduction for dental? life insurance? these 2 will be the same amount.

then subtract 25% off the BASE pay this is what the taxes should be.

and look to see if he is getting BAS, this should be 323 a month. this is tax free along with BAH