Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: switching from standard to prime when can I make my first appt?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

switching from standard to prime when can I make my first appt?

Advertisements
    hi everyone! I've had standard for the past 3 years and just made the switch to prime a few weeks ago. Everything will go into effect Nov. 1st but I was wondering if I had to wait until the 1st to call to make my first appt with my new pcm (after nov 1st).

Thanks

I need a referral to the ortho clinic and would like to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it depends on your PCM, you would have to ask them what their policy is.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Call the appointment line on base. They will (should) ask for his social and they will check the system for your PCM. If you've been assigned one, they can schedule. Chances are you wouldn't get in before the 1st anyway.

So, I'd start there. They will tell you if you have to wait or if you need to call the Tricare office.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'll do that. Thanks guys !

I was just double checking because my son has prime and it can take several to get him in for a "non urgent" appt.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by tehzombuh View Post
    I'll do that. Thanks guys !

I was just double checking because my son has prime and it can take several to get him in for a "non urgent" appt.
    And this is normal. If you call first thing in the AM you might be able to get a same day, but usually its weeks to get an appointment. But, they do have nurses on call that will triage over the phone to determine if it is serious enough to either go to the ER or local hospital, or fit them in during the day. They usually have open slots for such emergency or urgent situations.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Call the appointment line on base. They will (should) ask for his social and they will check the system for your PCM. If you've been assigned one, they can schedule. Chances are you wouldn't get in before the 1st anyway.

So, I'd start there. They will tell you if you have to wait or if you need to call the Tricare office.
    This. I was switched to Prime a few weeks ago and they scheduled me pretty much right away. They will assign you a PCM and once you have one you're good to go!