Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Reserve Select & BC Options?

1. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels

Tricare Reserve Select & BC Options?

Advertisements
    So, I'm now back on Tricare Reserve Select for insurance. I was told today by my pharmacist that the only BC they offer any coverage on is Nuvaring, Orthoevra, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Yaz, and Yasmin28.

The foundry list for me isn't working. Does anyone know? I really don't want to switch to any of these brands because I finally found something that works for me w/o crazy effects, but its hard to swing the cost! My old co-pay was $30, now they want me to pay full price.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i have no info or advice about your insurance but did you ask if there is a generic of the one you are taking so maybe it would be cheaper? it sucks to have to change bc because of your insurance but just fyi yasmin worked wonderfully for me so if you have to change that would be my suggestion.
  3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post
    i have no info or advice about your insurance but did you ask if there is a generic of the one you are taking so maybe it would be cheaper? it sucks to have to change bc because of your insurance but just fyi yasmin worked wonderfully for me so if you have to change that would be my suggestion.

It is the generic
  4. sassypants
    sassypants
    don't quote me on this, but I know a lot of things changed with obamacare in terms of birth control. I would look into that, because I think the effects are already starting to happen. Its something like "have to cover bc" and "no copay". I am not 100% sure if that means have to cover all forms of oral contraseptive, or not, but it is something to look into
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  5. Banned
    Banned
    first Tricare is exempt from ACA so those changes do not effect Tricare at all.

second the best person to call would be Tricare to ask about your specific brand and what the co-pay would be.
  6. Senior Member
    I would suggest calling Tricare as well, they'll give you the best answer. I couldn't open the formulary either. But I'm following this, we'll be switching to TRS next year and I take a progestin only mini pill since that's what my OB suggested since I'm still breastfeeding and that is definitely not one of the options. I really don't want to have to choose between breastfeeding, not taking BC, or paying out the wazoo for it out of pocket so come back and update once you talk to them
  7. Senior Member
    I almost always use this site to figure my stuff out. The Department of Defense Pharmacoeconomic Center