Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Disability check?

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

VA Disability check?

Advertisements
    Anyone else not get theirs yet?

DB normally would have gotten it Monday since it should have mailed out on Friday. If not Monday, def on the 1st. We still don't have it. The woman he spoke to from the VA had no clue why, but said he isn't the only one. As of now, the shutdown isn't supposed to hurt us unless it lasts till the end of October, so we're beyond confused and frustrated.

I already had to take out of savings and empty my checking to pay rent (which means the bills I pay didn't get paid, as well as my car insurance and his FINAL truck payment ). He has been told they can cancel the check Monday and they'll try another. But I'm worries that the second won't happen because now the shutdown could affect it! (Didn't put this in that tjred since technically it shouldn't have anything to do with the shutdown).
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That stinks - but certainly sounds more like a fluke than a shutdown impact. Who is it he has spoken to that gave the information regarding cancelling and re-issuing the check? That would have an impact on how worried I was/wasn't
  3. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    That stinks - but certainly sounds more like a fluke than a shutdown impact. Who is it he has spoken to that gave the information regarding cancelling and re-issuing the check? That would have an impact on how worried I was/wasn't
    He called the "main one" as he put it (as opposed to the local one), so I guess their benefits line. The woman he spoke to said that if he didnt get it by Monday, they'd cancel it and reissue it. If they do it before then and he recieves it, he'd have to send it back and it would end up taking longer to reissue. We're still hoping for today. If not, I guess he'll have to call back Monday. I am going to tell gim he better have the name of whoever he talks to about it, just in case something doesn't go right.

Ironically, we figured he'd get it last Monday and we got NO mail that day. I hate my mail man, and I don't live in the best neighborhood, so I'm also worried someone stole it. It's very obvious that it is a check ( you can shift it around and see a good portion of it in the window).
  4. Senior Member
    Can he not change so his disability is automatically deposited so he doesn't have to worry about waiting for checks?
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Direct deposit is a must. I had mine on the 28th

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. Senior Member
    yes,direct deposit all the way.. my husband got his on the 31st no problem
  7. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Can he not change so his disability is automatically deposited so he doesn't have to worry about waiting for checks?
    He can. He actually has to next month I think. When he signed up for it, he didn't have a local checking account. I told him to do it as soon as he opened one but he didnt (out of pure laziness, which pisses me off soo much ).
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post
    He can. He actually has to next month I think. When he signed up for it, he didn't have a local checking account. I told him to do it as soon as he opened one but he didnt (out of pure laziness, which pisses me off soo much ).
    - did he not have a checking account at all or just not a local one, because it not being local is no reason it couldn't have been set up as DD
  9. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    - did he not have a checking account at all or just not a local one, because it not being local is no reason it couldn't have been set up as DD
    He had his account with the Ft Campbell credit union. We didn't want to use that because he wouldn't have had access as easily (my credit union and his weren't on the same network or whatever so we couldnt even use mine if he needed access). And he didnt even have a check book to be able to write me checks. He had no intentions to keep that account, so we figured we'd open him one, then sign up for the DD