Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: quick question about tricare

1. Senior Member

quick question about tricare

Advertisements
    So I finally got all my DEERS and id card stuff done today (yay!) and I had a quick question about tricare. The lady at the id office gave me the website for United health care so I could enroll in tricare. But now I'm reading online that I'm automatically enrolled in Standard and only need to enroll online if I want to switch to prime. Is that correct? If I want to stay with standard, is there anything else I need to do? TIA
  2. Senior Member
    When I was enrolled I was automatically put on Prime and only needed to act if I wished to switch to Standard. That was before the United Healthcare switch, though, so maybe they do theirs the opposite way.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    When I was enrolled I was automatically put on Prime and only needed to act if I wished to switch to Standard. That was before the United Healthcare switch, though, so maybe they do theirs the opposite way.
    So either way, I'm probably enrolled in SOMETHING, without any further action on my part, correct? Will I get some kind of pamphlet in the mail telling me all about my plan or anything?

I haven't had insurance in almost four years, so this is all very confusing for me
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    You should already be enrolled in standard. And yes, you should receive a packet in the mail. If you wish to be enrolled in prime then you have to make the switch. On prime, you will be seen by military physicians and will need a referral elsewhere. On standard, you find someone on your own who accepts it but there are co-pays.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    You should already be enrolled in standard. And yes, you should receive a packet in the mail. If you wish to be enrolled in prime then you have to make the switch. On prime, you will be seen by military physicians and will need a referral elsewhere. On standard, you find someone on your own who accepts it but there are co-pays.
    Awesome! Thanks so much!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks for sharing, I have been wondering about Tricare program. Upon researching, I found out that this is one of the benefits given to family of an active Military. It is said here that one can be automatically enrolled in standard unless you would want to make a switch. The program covers health care for medical services, dental care and medications. I think, this is a good benefit for them.
  7. Senior Member
    This is a pretty old thread, Snowboard.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski