Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have no Idea what benefits I can get husband is pcsed to south korea.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused I have no Idea what benefits I can get husband is pcsed to south korea.

Advertisements
    My husband pcsed over to south Korea and seams to not know what im to get when he is over there. it is a unaccompanied pcs. I really would like to know what stuff im entitled to while he is over there or what I need to ask for when I go to base. Im new to all the military stuff and am a bit lost Any help would be great! thank you
  2. Regular Member
    I can give a little advice but not much. Hopefully other ladies can help you more
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is he Air Force or Army? You should get your general medical/dental/base privileges that you had before and I think you can check with Airman and Family Readiness or whatever the Army calls it and they have some services available like free oil changes, etc. If you can clarify what you mean, I may be able to help you get to an answer.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeugh View Post
    My husband pcsed over to south Korea and seams to not know what im to get when he is over there. it is a unaccompanied pcs. I really would like to know what stuff im entitled to while he is over there or what I need to ask for when I go to base. Im new to all the military stuff and am a bit lost Any help would be great! thank you
    You are entitled to everything you were entitled to before. The only difference is now he gets family separation pay since the military separated your family for orders.

Oh yes and some support services do things for families whose spouse is on a remote. Such as free oil changes, mothers day outs once a month etc
  5. Member
    What base is he at? My hubby is over there right now, we get separation pay, cola and haz duty pay. The amounts will vary on where he is stationed though.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Did he enroll you in Deers? Do you have a dependant ID yet?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeugh View Post
    How long have the two of you been married and has he already completed the process of getting you recognized as his dependent (DEERS, etc)?
  8. Senior Member
    I know it seems like everyone is throwing a lot of questions at you, but we need the info to understand your situation.

1) What branch is he (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines)?
    2) When were you married and if it wasn't super recently, did you already have healthcare? Do you have a military ID card?

Those things will help us help you.

In general, him being overseas doesn't get you much of anything different than you would get if he were home. He will get family separation pay, but he needs to sort that out and there's nothing you need to do. There are a few other special pays he might get as well, but again, that is all him and you aren't involved in getting that set up.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Banned
    Banned
    unfortunately YOU do not get much- you will get an ID card that allows you to have access to medical and the base, Dental if he pays for it.
    HE will get separation pay and BAH for where you live.
    it is up to the 2 of you to figure out what he will give you.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    unfortunately YOU do not get much- you will get an ID card that allows you to have access to medical and the base, Dental if he pays for it.
    HE will get separation pay and BAH for where you live.
    it is up to the 2 of you to figure out what he will give you.
    ditto....definitely not a windfall. and the services that some are saying you might get will depend on if its offered for geobachs (unaccompanied PCS) because some installations they won't offer it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast