Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraud Committed Against Soilder and Tricare....... Where do I go and Who do I tell?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Fraud Committed Against Soilder and Tricare....... Where do I go and Who do I tell?

Advertisements
    The guy I am dating is retired military.... Medically discharged from Army and Honorable Discharge from Marine Corps. When he and I first got together a year ago he told me about the woman who was now his ex. He has two children with her. He found out that she was married to 3 other men besides him.... him and two of the other men were military. She was on his Tricare and DEERs accounts. He has tried talking to Tricare several times about what she did and each time they drop the ball in filing the report. We both know that what she did could be classified as a federal offense. She now has custody of the two children and doesn't really take care of them. They tell us that they spend more time with babysitters than they do with her. I want to help him get the report filed and charges brought against her but I am not and never have been a military service member so I don't know what to do or where to go? Please help.....
  2. Senior Member
    What fraud did she commit "against" Tricare? If she was legally married to at least one military member, then she qualified for Tricare. If she married more than one guy, then that is illegal but doesn't have anything to do with the military.

Also, if you've reported it and they've done nothing, you've done all you can and should probably move on. Her offenses are between her and Tricare and the military, not her and you guys. You may not like what she's done, but it's not about you.

Also, the custody issues and all that have nothing to do with the military. If he isn't happy with the custody arrangement, he needs to take that up in the family court.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS6909 View Post
    The guy I am dating is retired military.... Medically discharged from Army and Honorable Discharge from Marine Corps. When he and I first got together a year ago he told me about the woman who was now his ex. He has two children with her. He found out that she was married to 3 other men besides him.... him and two of the other men were military. She was on his Tricare and DEERs accounts. He has tried talking to Tricare several times about what she did and each time they drop the ball in filing the report. We both know that what she did could be classified as a federal offense. She now has custody of the two children and doesn't really take care of them. They tell us that they spend more time with babysitters than they do with her. I want to help him get the report filed and charges brought against her but I am not and never have been a military service member so I don't know what to do or where to go? Please help.....
    Well there
    So you are wanting to pursue this as means to gain custody of the children?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If she is using Tricare to gain medical treatment for the children, that is not fraud - they ARE his dependents and ARE entitled to all coverage due to dependents. Also, depending on the details of their marriage and divorce, she may be entitled to the same coverage.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Bang Head

When she filled out the marriage license application she lied and said she was single.... that is what I was trying to say.... she lied 3 different times to gain insurance illegally..... we know the boys are his and we are keeping them on his Tricare..... we just want to know what route to take to get the report filed and taken seriously by Tricare so this woman is stopped from ever doing this again...
  6. Senior Member
    When she filled out the marriage license application she lied and said she was single.... that is what I was trying to say.... she lied 3 different times to gain insurance illegally..... we know the boys are his and we are keeping them on his Tricare..... we just want to know what route to take to get the report filed and taken seriously by Tricare so this woman is stopped from ever doing this again...
    Was her first marriage--the one that was legal--to a service member.

And again, you've reported this. Beyond that, it has nothing to do with you. It's up to Tricare how they handle this (or not handle it). You don't have a dog in this fight, other than not liking her and wanting to see bad things happen to her. You've done the right thing by reporting this, several times. Now let it go and move on with your lives.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm confused why you need to file it with Tricare. Shouldn't you file it with the state legal system where they got married? Tricare doesn't issue marriage licenses, they take them from the state and assume that they're good to go. In fact, they just take it from DEERS, which takes it from the state. So you'll want to talk to the state, not Tricare.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Just because you/he take issue with it or feel it is fraudulent does not mean that it IS - -you have reported it and they have chosen a course of action
  9. Senior Member
    Yes, it's clearly a federal offense to provide medical insurance for your children. How dare they..

Maybe Tricare is "dropping the ball" because there's nothing illegal going on, and those kids have a right to be on their father's medical insurance (and so does she depending on their divorce order).. Back off, it's not your business, you're not his wife, and I wholeheartedly hope Tricare isn't going to tell you a thing about other peoples' insurance..
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think the people you would have to get involved is the police. I really doubt Tricare is going to investigate it now or if they would've even in the beginning, especially if she's no longer receiving insurance. And even then if she was married to the first person legally, it wouldn't really matter because they would have had to cover her anyway. I'm not sure how/why someone would marry 3 people at the same time to receive the same insurance, or how she could've gone into deers 3 times if she was married to them at the same time unless she used different social security numbers because when I went in to deers even tho I wasn't technically covered under Tricare anymore my social security number still showed up as a dependent of my father. Also,I'm pretty sure the other 2 couldn't have just been like I want to take this person off my Deers/Tricare, unless they had proof they were divorced.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast