Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help! Where do I go?

  1. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    ilovemyMP's Avatar
    ilovemyMP is offline
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Me: Ohio / Him:Afgan land
    Posts
    1,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    #1

    Help! Where do I go?

    Advertisements
    I have an eye infection and the urgent cares around here don't accept Tricare because I live too close to the base. Where do I go? Do I go to the base hospital or what? I don't feel like spending my time in the waiting room for hours. We don't have a family doctor or anything yet.

    Help!! Lol

  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #2
    Does the base have an ER?

    Urgent care will take Tricare, you just have to contact Tricare to let them know that is where you are going. But, it goes much more smoothly if your base doesn't have an ER.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    ilovemyMP's Avatar
    ilovemyMP is offline
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Me: Ohio / Him:Afgan land
    Posts
    1,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    #3
    Yeah the base has an ER... Are you saying that since they have an er that's why urgent care will not take Tricare unless I contact them?
  4. Breathe and chill
    *Bazinga*'s Avatar
    *Bazinga* is offline
    Breathe and chill
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    OH/Afghanistan
    Posts
    8,951
    Blog Entries
    1

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyMP View Post
    Yeah the base has an ER... Are you saying that since they have an er that's why urgent care will not take Tricare unless I contact them?
    I'm assuming you're too close to Wright Pat, right? (What, are you like 49.8 miles from base , that suckkkkks)

    Hopefully Lynn will pop in...she might be your best shot at answering this one right now.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyMP View Post
    Yeah the base has an ER... Are you saying that since they have an er that's why urgent care will not take Tricare unless I contact them?
    Basically, yes.

    Since the base has an ER and its closer they will prefer you to go to the base.
    You can call Tricare and get the approval to go to urgent care. Tricare may tell you to go to the ER on base.

    Even me, the hospital/urgent care is far closer (base with ER is 20 miles, hosp is only 3), but I am expected to go to the ER on base unless it is life threatening, such as an asthma attack, heart attack, etc. If its just stitches, infection, bleeding, I must go to the base ER.

    Urgent care is for times when ER isn't available or there is no ER and can't get an appt.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    ilovemyMP's Avatar
    ilovemyMP is offline
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Me: Ohio / Him:Afgan land
    Posts
    1,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    I'm assuming you're too close to Wright Pat, right? (What, are you like 49.8 miles from base , that suckkkkks)

    Hopefully Lynn will pop in...she might be your best shot at answering this one right now.
    Yes I'm literally like 10 mins away from wright pat haha and I ALWAYS get lost on base and look like an idiot haha
  7. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    ilovemyMP's Avatar
    ilovemyMP is offline
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Me: Ohio / Him:Afgan land
    Posts
    1,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Basically, yes.

    Since the base has an ER and its closer they will prefer you to go to the base.
    You can call Tricare and get the approval to go to urgent care. Tricare may tell you to go to the ER on base.

    Even me, the hospital/urgent care is far closer (base with ER is 20 miles, hosp is only 3), but I am expected to go to the ER on base unless it is life threatening, such as an asthma attack, heart attack, etc. If its just stitches, infection, bleeding, I must go to the base ER.

    Urgent care is for times when ER isn't available or there is no ER and can't get an appt.
    Well darn!!! Thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •