Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overseas on-post housing allowance

1. Regular Member

Overseas on-post housing allowance

Advertisements
    Hey! We're moving to Graf, Germany (the DH is going ahead of me and I follow after school ends) He will be there by the end of September. My question is can anyone give me an idea of what pay will look like once we get housing? This will be our second PCS but first overseas one and our first time living "on-post" so we really have no idea how that pay is set up or even look like.
    I just want to have an idea of what it would be like so we would have a slight plan or budget set up.

Thanks!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it will be the same except no BAH/OHA ( if they let him move on base with out you there)

it will be base pay, BAS and special pays he may be getting and then subtract the normal taxes.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    it will be the same except no BAH/OHA ( if they let him move on base with out you there)

it will be base pay, BAS and special pays he may be getting and then subtract the normal taxes.

you will get COLA, no utility allowance like you would off base.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Banned
    Banned
    Forgot about COLA thanks- but if your not there it will be at the single rate.
  5. Regular Member

Thanks so much. About him not getting on base until I am there, how does that work? I mean where would he be staying if that is the case until I get there? Just curious and trying to be prepared.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post

you will get COLA, no utility allowance like you would off base.
    Thanks so much, I too forgot about COLA. Is that paid once through a pay cycle or do they split it in two for the 1st and the 15th?
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoushelleW View Post
    Thanks so much. About him not getting on base until I am there, how does that work? I mean where would he be staying if that is the case until I get there? Just curious and trying to be prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoushelleW View Post
    Thanks so much, I too forgot about COLA. Is that paid once through a pay cycle or do they split it in two for the 1st and the 15th?
    He will stay on base. I don't recall if you continue to get BAH or not, but be prepared in case he no longer gets it once he signs in.

COLA is paid every two weeks, and it can change, its not a set amount. COLA is based on the value of the EU vs Dollar.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    He will stay on base. I don't recall if you continue to get BAH or not, but be prepared in case he no longer gets it once he signs in.

COLA is paid every two weeks, and it can change, its not a set amount. COLA is based on the value of the EU vs Dollar.
    Thank you. That is what I somewhat figured about the housing situation.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    whether he can stay in the barracks will depend on whether they have room for a GEO BACH or not-
    if not he will need to rent off base whether renting a room from someone or getting an apartment with the single rate OHA.

for the BAH for you it will stop once he gets to Germany- as it is an accompanied tour and you have command sponsorship to move there.

remember OHA is paid for the actual rent amount and there is nothing left over.
  10. Regular Member
    whether he can stay in the barracks will depend on whether they have room for a GEO BACH or not-
    if not he will need to rent off base whether renting a room from someone or getting an apartment with the single rate OHA.

for the BAH for you it will stop once he gets to Germany- as it is an accompanied tour and you have command sponsorship to move there.

remember OHA is paid for the actual rent amount and there is nothing left over.

WOW thank you lots. It never even occurred to me about the GEO bach situation, guess we need to look further into that. Thanks so much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast