Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare Prime? What am i getting?

1. Regular Member

Tricare Prime? What am i getting?

Advertisements
    I'm kind of half and half everywhere i read.
    Some websites makes me think i pay a % for something,
    and other sites make me think i pay nothing at all.

Im needing to get braces, with Tricare Prime do you have to pay any out of pocket cost for ortho?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    TRICARE Dental Program

I have heard that the coverage for braces cut off at different ages, between 21 and 24, because it has been changing but I'd call tricare.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Regular Member
    Well im 18, I wonder if that cut of is for the children, or the spouses too?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCourtney View Post
    Well im 18, I wonder if that cut of is for the children, or the spouses too?
    I think it's for everyone but I would call to check.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASCourtney View Post
    I'm kind of half and half everywhere i read.
    Some websites makes me think i pay a % for something,
    and other sites make me think i pay nothing at all.

Im needing to get braces, with Tricare Prime do you have to pay any out of pocket cost for ortho?
    I think your confusion lies in the fact that Tricare Prime and Tricare Dental are two separate programs. Prime is only for medical. For ortho, you need to be enrolled in Tricare Dental (there is a monthly fee and there are copays)

6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Like said, Tricare Prime & Tricare Dental are too different things & you need to sign up for dental separately. For braces, the cut off I believe is 24 & that is for everyone not just children. You will most likely have to pay a percentage out of pocket depending on how much it costs total because I believe they only cover a certain amount for braces.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Regular Member
    Okay, thank you! I understand now.
  8. Senior Member
    Here you go:

Are Orthodontics covered?

The orthodontic lifetime maximum is $1,750. Orthodontic treatment in-process will be considered. Any orthodontic benefits used with UCCI will carry over to MetLife and apply to the lifetime maximum on the TDP plan. Example: If you used $1000 while covered by UCCI you would have $750 available on the MetLife plan. Orthodontic treatment is available for family members (non-spouse) up to, but not including, 21 years of age or if a full time student up to, but not including 23 years of age. Spouses are covered for orthodontic benefits up to, but not including 23 years of age. For orthodontic services, beneficiaries in all OCONUS locations are required to have a Non-Availability and Referral Form (NARF) issued by the TRICARE Area Office (TAO), Overseas uniformed services Dental Treatment Facility (ODTF), or designated OCONUS Points of Contact (POCs)
    - See more at: MetLife TRICARE Dental Program | MilitaryOneClick
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jane3 View Post
    Here you go:

Are Orthodontics covered?

The orthodontic lifetime maximum is $1,750. Orthodontic treatment in-process will be considered. Any orthodontic benefits used with UCCI will carry over to MetLife and apply to the lifetime maximum on the TDP plan. Example: If you used $1000 while covered by UCCI you would have $750 available on the MetLife plan. Orthodontic treatment is available for family members (non-spouse) up to, but not including, 21 years of age or if a full time student up to, but not including 23 years of age. Spouses are covered for orthodontic benefits up to, but not including 23 years of age. For orthodontic services, beneficiaries in all OCONUS locations are required to have a Non-Availability and Referral Form (NARF) issued by the TRICARE Area Office (TAO), Overseas uniformed services Dental Treatment Facility (ODTF), or designated OCONUS Points of Contact (POCs)
    - See more at: MetLife TRICARE Dental Program | MilitaryOneClick
    just curious, is that just for one person or per person? We have two, possibly three needing braces.
  10. Senior Member
    Each eligible person has the max of $1750.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast