Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSH Help?

1. Senior Member

Confused FSH Help?

Advertisements
    So a friend of mine is trying to figure out a budget for her and her husband and get an idea of how much they'll be getting paid so asked me. When I checked out DH's LES to give her an idea I noticed some pay labeled as FSH and decided to google it. From what I can find it has something to do with separation pay? If so, we're screwed I don't think he ever checks over it and he never told me what all the stuff meant. I just knew what BAH meant. So from the looks of it we've been getting paid FSH for the past year and we haven't been separated for more than 30 days since I moved here on October 5th last year.

Now what do I do? They've been paying us $250 in FSH for 10 months that we've been living together.

Edit: DH is going to talk to personel tomorrow to figure out what's going on. Good vibes and prayers that there's some miracle and his LES is actually correct. If not then, prayers that they'll do monthly payments and not take it all out at once.
    Last edited by LittleAngel07; 07-24-2013 at 04:15 PM.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ok first- just to be sure- are you sure they are paying it and not taking it right back out?

if it is going into the check he needs to go in to finance to tell them to stop it. and then set up a payment plan to re pay it.
    ( they will make him pay it back)
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Yikes.
    Were you married all along.. meaning, were you married while you were at previous location prior to moving to current location?

Sounds like your DH didn't update DEERS or information with finance when you moved.

Others can chime in to verify.. but if you go to finance yourself, you can easily set up a payment plan to pay back what you owe based on your own terms (like $50 per paycheck or something). If finance gets wind of it themselves, they will take it all out in one lump sump (or two, or three depending on how much he gets paid). This could result in a month or two of no paycheck for him.

My advice, tell him to go to finance to fix it and start paying it back on your terms, instead of theirs.

ETA.. concur with gunsgirl about the paying it and taking it out.. make sure the deductions side of the check doesn't have that $250 as a negative amount (being taken out)

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yikes.
    Were you married all along.. meaning, were you married while you were at previous location prior to moving to current location?

Sounds like your DH didn't update DEERS or information with finance when you moved.

Others can chime in to verify.. but if you go to finance yourself, you can easily set up a payment plan to pay back what you owe based on your own terms (like $50 per paycheck or something). If finance gets wind of it themselves, they will take it all out in one lump sump (or two, or three depending on how much he gets paid). This could result in a month or two of no paycheck for him.

My advice, tell him to go to finance to fix it and start paying it back on your terms, instead of theirs.

ETA.. concur with gunsgirl about the paying it and taking it out.. make sure the deductions side of the check doesn't have that $250 as a negative amount (being taken out)
    Yeah we've been married all along. We got married in August in AL, then when we got an apartment set up here I moved up here and we moved in in October. So we were separated for August and September but that's it.

I guess he didn't. I thought he did, I'm pretty sure he did put in the new address because we are getting the proper amount of BAH for the zipcode. It was a different amount while I was in AL. I'm just SO glad they didn't catch this before I accidentally found it! Our rent takes up I would say 90% of his first paycheck of the month!

I just checked the deductions and there's no $250 deduction or anything listed as FSH on that side.

He's on duty today and he has the car so I can't go do it myself, plus I wouldn't even know where to go. I'll see if I can get a hold of him through txts today.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  5. Banned
    Banned
    just note- when Trish said to do it yourself- she meant him, they will not let you the spouse do it without a POA.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He should go in with his LES and have them explain what each item is for, and why he is getting it. Do not presume they are making a mistake.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    He should go in with his LES and have them explain what each item is for, and why he is getting it. Do not presume they are making a mistake.
    He needs to go in and talk to them. I had a very lengthy thread where Trish and a couple others helped me figure out what was going on with our LES. It took him walking in and being there for five minutes to learn that nothing was wrong. So just have him go in.

8. Senior Member
    Why would there be separation pay on it though? :/

9. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngel07 View Post
    Why would there be separation pay on it though? :/
    For the same reason they showed us having received meal pay when we didn't. They do things weird.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    For the same reason they showed us having received meal pay when we didn't. They do things weird.
    No one will ever completely understand how the military works or why they do things. I sent DH a text about it so hopefully he'll get it soon and reply. Or I'll have to call the ship tomorrow and hopefully he can go to the office before it closes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast