Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Remote and Prescriptions

1. Senior Member

Tricare Remote and Prescriptions

Advertisements
    Quick question about Tricare. I'm already online and enrolled and all that good stuff. I just need to know how to get my birth control prescription into the system. I'm on the NuvaRing, and already went to the gyno for the year about two months ago with my old insurance. I got a year long prescription, but I need it to be covered with Tricare now instead of my old insurance. Any idea about how I go about that?
  2. Senior Member
    I have Tricare Prime Remote. I just go to Walgreens, Walmart, or somewhere like that and show them my military ID... Sure I have a $5 copay or what not but still better than most others. It isn't like getting it filled on base where it is completely free... But there really isn't a base here for me to go to
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Even without Tricare Remote you can go pretty much anywhere. I've gone to CVS, Walmart, Target and the local grocery store. I think I paid at most $10 for the script.

The thing is though, they often don't refill prescriptions without having been seen first. Since you haven't yet seen a gyno through tricare you may not be able to get it filled. I would call them first before you head to get it refilled.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    Quick question about Tricare. I'm already online and enrolled and all that good stuff. I just need to know how to get my birth control prescription into the system. I'm on the NuvaRing, and already went to the gyno for the year about two months ago with my old insurance. I got a year long prescription, but I need it to be covered with Tricare now instead of my old insurance. Any idea about how I go about that?
    First stop - talk to your pharmacy and ask what their process is for changning insurance for existing prescriptions, may be as simple as them inputting the new insuranace info into their system with your existing prescription (provided they accept Tricare). IF they require a new Rx to be put in and the old one cancelled, next call is to your gyno - explain the situation and inquire as to getting a new Rx for the remaining period of the original Rx to be written and submitted to the pharmacy (or to a new pharmacy if your current one will not accept the new coverage).
    Another thought - does Expresscripts do BC? I never had to use them for that, but did use them for other maintenance/long-term meds for both myself and my son.