Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: LES Information

  1. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Phoenixx.'s Avatar
    Phoenixx. is offline
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,073

    #1

    LES Information

    Advertisements
    Does anyone know when the LES will show more information? We need to ask finance a couple of questions, but DH says we cant until the LES updates with more than just amount of pay and where the check is going (our bank).

    I thought it didn't update until the EOM check but I dont really know for sure.
    Any info is greatly appreciated!



  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #2
    I want to say the full LES comes out about a week before we get paid EOM so around the 23-25?
  3. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Phoenixx.'s Avatar
    Phoenixx. is offline
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,073

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    I want to say the full LES comes out about a week before we get paid EOM so around the 23-25?
    Dang, thats what I thought but DH swore I was wrong. Thank you



  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    Dang, thats what I thought but DH swore I was wrong. Thank you
    Nope BUT if you just need A full LES and not THIS one, you can go back a month to get the last full one. In reading your threads, though, I'm pretty sure you're wanting as current as possible.
  5. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Phoenixx.'s Avatar
    Phoenixx. is offline
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,073

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Nope BUT if you just need A full LES and not THIS one, you can go back a month to get the last full one. In reading your threads, though, I'm pretty sure you're wanting as current as possible.
    Yeah I need the current one. Because at the end of last month we got a huge increase in pay and DH talked to finance a couple of times and each time they said it was for sure our money, and now this check is about 300 short from last months mid-month pay, and this is after they stopped deducting meals on the 1st. So his total take home pay should be 300 more. So we are a little lost. Thinking that the 500 I was concerned about last time may have actually been a mistake and even though they told us it was ours, they took it back. So I dont know. Its all a big mess to me.

    I knew it could be a mess dealing with pay, but not this much of one.



  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    Katiebeth86's Avatar
    Katiebeth86 is offline
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The one & only Jersey
    Posts
    4,827

    #6
    For June it should be out on the 21st.

    2013 Active Duty Pay Day Schedule


  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Phoenixx.'s Avatar
    Phoenixx. is offline
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,073

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyatheart86 View Post
    For June it should be out on the 21st.

    2013 Active Duty Pay Day Schedule
    Awesome! Thanks. Ill save that link.

    Does anyone know, am I able to still talk to Finance or do I have to wait until the full LES is available?



  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    Yeah I need the current one. Because at the end of last month we got a huge increase in pay and DH talked to finance a couple of times and each time they said it was for sure our money, and now this check is about 300 short from last months mid-month pay, and this is after they stopped deducting meals on the 1st. So his total take home pay should be 300 more. So we are a little lost. Thinking that the 500 I was concerned about last time may have actually been a mistake and even though they told us it was ours, they took it back. So I dont know. Its all a big mess to me.

    I knew it could be a mess dealing with pay, but not this much of one.
    Are you sure he should be getting $300 more?

    The money you received could've been back pay for BAH or his travel money or something.
    His base pay may not have been increased.

    I can't remember if you gone online and found his rates of pay (base pay, BAH, BAS) totaled them out, took out 25% for taxes and then divided in half and subtracted any known allottments. This will give you his rough bi-monthly pay.

    To me, $300 doesn't seem too far off, if his extra monies were not pay related.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Phoenixx.'s Avatar
    Phoenixx. is offline
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,073

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Are you sure he should be getting $300 more?

    The money you received could've been back pay for BAH or his travel money or something.
    His base pay may not have been increased.

    I can't remember if you gone online and found his rates of pay (base pay, BAH, BAS) totaled them out, took out 25% for taxes and then divided in half and subtracted any known allottments. This will give you his rough bi-monthly pay.

    To me, $300 doesn't seem too far off, if his extra monies were not pay related.
    I know what he makes an everything, Ive looked it all up a million times, plus I look at what is on his LES, but I am probably going to do that again just to calm my brain. I think its going to fry if there is anymore uncertainty.

    We are going to talk to finance when the LES gets updated and get an answer once and for all. And then, Im just going to start putting any "extra" money we ever get into a separate account for if/when they decide that its not actually our money. My gut is screaming at me that that is what happened. But of course, I dont know for sure, so I am going to just figure it out and get on with my life. Its easier than letting it stress me out this much.

    Typically the 300 wouldnt seem like that much to me either, but its still frustrating because I feel like why on earth cant this even out. I talked to a couple of friends here, and they are shocked at how uncertain his pay has been. They said they dont EVER receive checks that are off by more than 50 dollars. Except for when they go into the field. But even then, the changes are easily accounted for.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •