Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mid Month LES Pay?

1. Senior Member

Mid Month LES Pay?

Advertisements
    So I finally got info from DH on how to check out his LES. But now I'm confused . He gets paid on the 1st and 15th of each month, looking at the LES for the pay today it's just this little thing that shows how much and where the pay was sent. When I look at last months LES it's completely broken down to what taxes were taken out, what each pay is from, ect. So, Why does the LES from last month look completely different from the LES that is showing up for this mid month pay?

Also looking at them, I notice what he got paid on the 1st is put on last month's LES as the end of month pay. But what about the mid month pay for last month? That's nowhere to be seen on last month's LES or the month before that. So where is that at? Or am I just completely missing it? I originally got on there to see if it said how much he makes monthly or yearly and now I'm confused

Sorry if this is confusing.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Pay days are the 15th and the 1st. The LES for the end of month (EOM) is the break down for the entire month before.
    So, for 1 May, the break down was for 1-30 Apr (because that's what the pay period is for). On the EOM LES you will see his Base pay, BAH, BAS, special duty, Separation, etc on the left (all 'income').

In the middle you will have the taxes, any deductions (such as sgli or tsp) AND the mid-month pay for that month. So, for 1 May LES, you would have seen 15 Apr mid month pay.

On the right you will see any allotments or other payments taken out (such as dental or perhaps housing).

The mid month LES is just to tell you how much he got paid, it will not have the break down, that will come at the end of the month.

ETA... the EOM LES will have the monthly breakdown of what he gets paid, so if you want to know what he gets paid per month or per year, you'll have to look at the EOM LES. He won't get the breakdown for May until 1 June.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks so much! I see it now. My brain just isn't functioning on full power today . My sleep schedule is way off right now.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724