Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about the base pharmacy?

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Question about the base pharmacy?

Advertisements
    I used to get my prescriptions filled at CVS because in NJ, I didn't leave close to a base. Since I'm living on base here, the base pharmacy is close by. I know this is probably a stupid question but can I take my prescriptions with the CVS label showing that I have refills left to the base pharmacy and get them refilled?

Thanks!

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Typically, no. CVS may be able to call in a transfer request for you though. The pharmacy where you are would be able to tell you the procedure.

It shouldn't be much of an issue to get a new prescription if your files are current with your PCM though. They should be able to do it with you just calling them.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It's worth the $5 for me to not have to sit and wait at the base pharmacy I only have one prescription I get filled off post though... And one on post...
  4. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Typically, no. CVS may be able to call in a transfer request for you though. The pharmacy where you are would be able to tell you the procedure.

It shouldn't be much of an issue to get a new prescription if your files are current with your PCM though. They should be able to do it with you just calling them.
    Ok thanks. I'll call the pharmacy here to see what they say and if I have to call CVS and ask them to call in a transfer request.

5. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    It's worth the $5 for me to not have to sit and wait at the base pharmacy I only have one prescription I get filled off post though... And one on post...
    I've got quite a few prescriptions. I'm used to paying for them so I don't mind but the nearest CVS is 25 minutes away and I don't feel like driving or using that much gas to get my meds. I might have to though.

6. Senior Member
    You can transfer your prescription. I work in a pharmacy off base and we do it all the time
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
    You can transfer your prescription. I work in a pharmacy off base and we do it all the time
    this. Just transfer it.

When I moved home for this deployment, I had my new pharmacy call the base's pharmacy. It was a bit of a pain in the ass for them, but it wasn't a hassle for me.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  8. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    this. Just transfer it.

When I moved home for this deployment, I had my new pharmacy call the base's pharmacy. It was a bit of a pain in the ass for them, but it wasn't a hassle for me.

I went to the base pharmacy and I can't transfer my prescription from a retail pharmacy to a base pharmacy. It does from going from a base pharmacy to a retail one. There is a CVS out here, it's called something different so I'm gonna go tomorrow and get it filled.

9. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyatheart86 View Post
    I went to the base pharmacy and I can't transfer my prescription from a retail pharmacy to a base pharmacy. It does from going from a base pharmacy to a retail one. There is a CVS out here, it's called something different so I'm gonna go tomorrow and get it filled.
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but I get most of my meds through express-scripts: the mail pharmacy program. They definitely can go from a retail into their system. My meds went from 54.00 for a month's supply [of 2 different prescriptions] to 43 for a three-month supply.
  10. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyprincess13 View Post
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but I get most of my meds through express-scripts: the mail pharmacy program. They definitely can go from a retail into their system. My meds went from 54.00 for a month's supply [of 2 different prescriptions] to 43 for a three-month supply.
    I'll have to look into that. Thanks!