Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Issues with Tricare

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

UPDATE: Strange Issues with Tricare

Advertisements
    UPDATE IN POST #11

So we've been in Guam for a year. When we showed up, we enrolled here in Prime and everything has been fine. Wyatt's going to well-baby appointments and nothing's been wrong. I've been to the ER twice (once last summer for a bladder and kidney infection and once for my MC) and even had a procedure done. I also see a therapist and everything's all good. Well, I've now been trying to get an appointment for this baby and I'm being told that I'm enrolled in Hawaii's Tricare (TriWest) still and therefore cannot make an appointment with my PCM to get in with an OB. I'm not crazy worried about this pregnancy which sounds strange given my history but given how sick I've been and the round ligament pain and everything, I feel everything's going correctly. I'm more concerned with being almost 7w and needing to get in with a dr. ASAP just to start going.

Anyway, I called TriWest after visiting Tricare here to figure out and that's what they told me and they said that I need to fill out a disenrollment form, mail/fax it in, wait 7-10 days for it to be 'active' and then re-enroll with TriCare here which takes minutes and then I should be good to get appointments here. I just printed the form and it says right on it that if you're switching regions, which I would be going to Tricare Overseas Prime, then I should just enroll with my central office here

I'm SOOOOO confused now, I'm afraid that if I send in the paperwork that I'll end up completely screwing something else up but Tricare here won't touch my file until I'm out of TriWest. Oh, and the kicker is that Wyatt is all fine and well, he's been enrolled since he got here. Not quite sure how you enroll the baby and not the mother but....

Anyone dealt with this? Or have any ideas? Husband's command is zero help and they're gone and I'm sure not taking this to our Ombudsman. I'm just kinda winging it on my own.
    Last edited by KnittingGuamMama; 04-04-2013 at 12:06 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I don't know if you have already done this...but I would go talk to the TriCare office on base. Many times they are so much easier to deal with than the people on the phone.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    I don't know if you have already done this...but I would go talk to the TriCare office on base. Many times they are so much easier to deal with than the people on the phone.
    Yeah, I've done that. Tricare here would only tell me to contact TriWest. They can't do anything on their end.
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    there any way you can talk to a supervisor? it doesn't make sense, why couldn't you just transfer from Hawaii to guam's Tricare without disenrolling...if you disenroll is there a period that you won't be covered?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    there any way you can talk to a supervisor? it doesn't make sense, why couldn't you just transfer from Hawaii to guam's Tricare without disenrolling...if you disenroll is there a period that you won't be covered?
    That's what doesn't make sense to me, either. I just keep being told to fill out the dis enrollment form. On the form, it clearly says that if I'm just switching regions to contact my TriCare office but my office (I've been I don't know how many times and talked to multiple people) keep telling me to contact TriWest who tells me to do the paper. All I need is to fill out this paper and then find out that I'm not covered for X amount of time and of course being pregnant, I really shouldn't be worrying bout that...
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
    no doubt, it makes absolutely no sense. It shouldn't be this hard. You can switch regions easily CONUS, I can't understand why wouldn't be that easy especially with a place like Guam. I'm sorry this is such a huge headache for you...
  7. Senior Member
    I would take that paper into the Tricare office on your base and point out where it says to go to contact the local office if switching regions. It doesn't make sense why you'd have to disenroll from one region to reenroll for another region. I'm thinking either someone doesn't know how to make the switch or someone doesn't want to do their job.

We had a similar thing happen when we moved from OCONUS to OCONUS. We enrolled when we got here but over a year later, they said we weren't. The local office enrolled us and it took a couple minutes.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    I would take that paper into the Tricare office on your base and point out where it says to go to contact the local office if switching regions. It doesn't make sense why you'd have to disenroll from one region to reenroll for another region. I'm thinking either someone doesn't know how to make the switch or someone doesn't want to do their job.

We had a similar thing happen when we moved from OCONUS to OCONUS. We enrolled when we got here but over a year later, they said we weren't. The local office enrolled us and it took a couple minutes.
    I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with this. I'm going to go on Monday since today they were closed (Friday here). Although not sure if they're open on Monday either, dangit. I just want to be sen by a doctor and I really don't understand what's going on!
  9. Senior Member
    We filled out all the paperwork here too and DH went to make an appointment earlier this week and they still hadn't processed the paperwork. I would make sure they don't have it just sitting around like they did to us.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    we had to disenroll and enroll from tricare prime remote to prime. but it took 5 minutes in the office.

I would go back into the office and tell them that you need to do this and need to do it NOW and if they need you to fax a paper then they can help you do that right there in the office.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast