Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deers/Tricare etc

1. Regular Member

Hello Deers/Tricare etc

Advertisements
    My fiancé is a Marine we are getting married Monday March 25th and I was wondering what exactly I have to do after we are married I know about deers and I know I need to get my spouse id we also plan on going to the housing office to get on the waiting list for Camp Lejeune and I have a dog and I know I need to get him registered and have a micro chip installed in him lol. How do I get on Tricare? Do I have to book an appointment and go into a Tricare branch and talk to someone or can we just do it online? Also is there a separate insurance for dental? Sorry I'm still trying to figure out everything I have to get done because I'm only down there for a week then I go back to school, come may I am graduating college and moving down there for good but i'd like to get all the "paper work" etc done with over my spring break.
  2. Senior Member
    When I got my military ID I wen't to get enrolled into tricare right after. It was in the same place, for me, and I just waited and then they enrolled me. If DF is with you it will be pretty easy. DH did most of the talking I just went along and took my picture and signed what needed to be signed. We are moving to Camp Lejeune too! When are you going?
  3. Senior Member
    When you get your ID, you'll automatically be enrolled in TRICARE Standard. If you want Prime, then you can do that right then and there as well.

I don't know anything about housing, since DH and I live off base.

Either way, I wouldn't sweat the process. Everything can easily be done within a day as long as you have all the documents you need.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    When you get your ID, you'll automatically be enrolled in TRICARE Standard. If you want Prime, then you can do that right then and there as well.

Either way, I wouldn't sweat the process. Everything can easily be done within a day as long as you have all the documents you need.

I don't remember being automatically enrolled in any kind of medical when I got my id. It just allowed me to be eligible to enroll in tricare. If you go to the office there is someone there to help you with the forms and all. Its really easy actually. And I find it easier to go in and get used to it since every time you move you have to go in and request your records to be moved around and all. Sometimes I think doing it in person is much easier anyway.
  5. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheswife View Post
    I don't remember being automatically enrolled in any kind of medical when I got my id. It just allowed me to be eligible to enroll in tricare. If you go to the office there is someone there to help you with the forms and all. Its really easy actually. And I find it easier to go in and get used to it since every time you move you have to go in and request your records to be moved around and all. Sometimes I think doing it in person is much easier anyway.

When DH enrolled me in DEERS, I was automatically enrolled in Tricare Standard. If you want Prime, then there are enrollment forms that need to be filled out. I had to get a prescription refilled about 3 days after he enrolled me and I called Tricare to check.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisheswife View Post
    Hopefully, someone else can verify for me, but I don't think it's changed.

Also, OP, dental insurance is seperate from TRICARE. It's through MetLife. You can enroll online, but you will not be able to use your benefits immediately
    inside outside

and in centers
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Like others as said, as soon as you are enrolled in DEERS & get your ID, you are put on Tricare Standard. You either need to go to the Tricare office or call them if you wish to be put on Prime.

Dental is separate & is covered by MetLife. You need to apply for that by yourself online via https://employeedental.metlife.com/d...ic/EmpEntry.do

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. Senior Member
    and the documentation you'll need for DEERS is your birthday certificate, marriage certificate, and social security card. (originals, not copies.)
    inside outside

and in centers
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  9. Regular Member
    Addurue6- I'll be down in Camp Lejeune the second week in May !! My fiancé is obviously already there lol but I graduate from WVU this May so i cant move down till then lol. When are you moving down?

Thanks for the info everyone and my fiancé will be with me hopefully, he is coming back from training march 22nd and was told he gets a 96 so that should hopefully give us time to get everything done. I'll be visiting him the whole week because its my spring break but he is worrying a lot he is afraid we wont get everything done, he likes to worry. He asked me atleast 70 times to make sure I have the right paperwork, . I have my original birth certificate, SS card, we will have our marriage license, and I also have my official college transcripts he said they might need them.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Like others as said, as soon as you are enrolled in DEERS & get your ID, you are put on Tricare Standard. You either need to go to the Tricare office or call them if you wish to be put on Prime.

Dental is separate & is covered by MetLife. You need to apply for that by yourself online via https://employeedental.metlife.com/d...ic/EmpEntry.do
    Thanks and I'm not sure the difference between standard and prime I'll look it up though on tricares site.. BTW I LOVE your siggy vampire diaries is my FAVORITE tv show lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast