Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tricare help

  1. Regular Member
    Riva's Avatar
    Riva is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    80
    #1

    Tricare help

    Advertisements
    Hi, My husband is in Tech School and said that I should be already enrolled in Tricare, though I haven't gotten any insurance cards/etc. in the mail. Is there a website I need to go on to initiate this process? I have already enrolled in the My Access Center that the DOD sends you a letter about when you get your mil ID. Thanks...
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #2
    If you have been put in DEERS and have an ID card you are enrolled in Tricare.

    You can call the local office closest to you and they can tell you if its Prime or Standard.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #3
    In addition to what Trish said, I've never needed a card other than my ID card, it has all the important info for claims. The card that we've been sent is actually pretty worthless and no one has ever wanted it, they want our ID card.
  4. Regular Member
    Riva's Avatar
    Riva is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    80
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    If you have been put in DEERS and have an ID card you are enrolled in Tricare.

    You can call the local office closest to you and they can tell you if its Prime or Standard.
    Ok cool, I suppose I should start by reaching out to them then... Right now, if I were to need to visit a doctor, I wouldn't know who to go to, or what to expect to have to co-pay, or what cards I would be expected to present.
  5. Regular Member
    Riva's Avatar
    Riva is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    80
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    In addition to what Trish said, I've never needed a card other than my ID card, it has all the important info for claims. The card that we've been sent is actually pretty worthless and no one has ever wanted it, they want our ID card.
    Ah yes - that answers another one of my questions. Thanks
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Ok cool, I suppose I should start by reaching out to them then... Right now, if I were to need to visit a doctor, I wouldn't know who to go to, or what to expect to have to co-pay, or what cards I would be expected to present.
    Who you see (or where) depends on the plan. Prime you would go to a base facility, Standard you will have to find your own in-network doctor that takes Tricare.

    And yes, you do not need an insurance card, your ID card is your insurance card. Even if you have a card, they still ask for the ID.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Regular Member
    Riva's Avatar
    Riva is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    80
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Who you see (or where) depends on the plan. Prime you would go to a base facility, Standard you will have to find your own in-network doctor that takes Tricare.

    And yes, you do not need an insurance card, your ID card is your insurance card. Even if you have a card, they still ask for the ID.
    Ok. I am not sure which he enrolled me in, so I suppose calling the local TriCare office, they would be able to look up my info and see... that's what I'm going to try at least lol
  8. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #8
    Tricare can be difficult to start understanding, but it gets easier to navigate once you get familiar with who to deal with.

    Do you live near a military installation? I've always found it easier to get correct information when going into a Tricare office as opposed to dealing with them over the phone.

    But the telephone customer service should be able to tell you if you're on Standard or Prime, and if you're on Standard, they should be able to walk you through the process of selecting a PCM. If you're in the West Region, things are a bit jumbled right now because the servicing company is switching, but that will calm down a bit over the next few months.
  9. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #9
    you need to go into the office, not call. they can give you a handbook and the info regarding the plans.

    I suggest going to tricare.mil and look at the different plans to try to get a better understanding of what they are.
  10. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you need to go into the office, not call. they can give you a handbook and the info regarding the plans.

    I suggest going to tricare.mil and look at the different plans to try to get a better understanding of what they are.
    Depending on where she lives there may be no office nearby.

    I would just call your region, they should be able to help you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •