Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dental Insurance?

1. Senior Member

Dental Insurance?

Advertisements
    So I've enrolled in the metlife dental coverage through tricare and now getting ready to make an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I'm wanting to make sure I have this right before I call or go in, when they ask what kind of insurance do I tell them tricare or metlife? Also for the insurance card I know my ID is my insurance card for normal tricare stuff, but what about for the metlife? Is it the ID or am I supposed to have something different for it?

These are probably crazy simple answers I should know but I just want to double check and make sure. TIA

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it is met life, and it will take up to 30 days to get enrolled after you register and pre pay, you will recieve an ID card and a handbook from metlife.

if you enrolled mid month it will not be active until the first of the next month.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I say Tricare whenever I've gone to the dentist and I have never had an issue. I have a little insurance card from the Tricare Dental Program (Metlife) but have never used it, DH's SSN is all I've ever needed.

Last edited by Volare.; 03-11-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: I looked, I do have a card! :)
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboysGirl View Post
    I say Tricare whenever I've gone to the dentist and I have never had an issue. I don't have an insurance card (I did with United Concordia, but never used it), DH's SSN is all I've ever needed.

Ditto.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I just say I have metlife. I have always had to state my husband's employer, so I'm sure they can figure it out. I've also never had to show my dental card.
  6. Senior Member
    I got the book in the mail a week ago, and the first was when it became active. There was no card in the mail with the book though. :/ Maybe they stopped sending them since it seems like they're not even needed?

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  7. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I told the people I had Metlife through my hubby and asked what they needed from me. I just needed his SSN and name.
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks guys I called them yesterday and got an appointment set up. Just needed DH's SSN