Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help! Tricare

1. Junior Member

Help! Tricare

Advertisements
    Hi! I'm a new Navy wife and not only I'm new in the military life, I have also just moved to the United States from Europe and a lot of things are different here, specially when it comes to healthcare....! My husband enrolled me in DEERS and I got in Tricare. Now, I need to see a gyno but I don't know where to start
    I think I am on Standard. What should I do? Just make an appointment with a gyno who supports Tricare? Will I pay something? I'm so lost!
    "I never thought it was possible but I actually feel like I love you to the point where saying I love you doesn't even do justice how I feel about you." -DB
  2. Banned
    Banned
    your best bet is to go to the tricare website. there you can find the answers to all your questions.
    also you should have recieved a handbook. both of these sources will give you the best info.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Since you're in standard, you are seen by civilian providers. So just find a doctor that you want to go to, ask if they accept Tricare & make an appointment.

There are co-pays with standard so you may or may not have to pay. It depends on the doctor.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Junior Member
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Since you're in standard, you are seen by civilian providers. So just find a doctor that you want to go to, ask if they accept Tricare & make an appointment.

There are co-pays with standard so you may or may not have to pay. It depends on the doctor.
    "I never thought it was possible but I actually feel like I love you to the point where saying I love you doesn't even do justice how I feel about you." -DB