Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random insurance/pregnancy question..

1. Regular Member

Random insurance/pregnancy question..

Advertisements
    DH, who leaves for the navy in may, is talking about wanting to have kids. If we technically get pregnant before he leaves, the navy's insurance will still cover the delivery, right? Because I will have cancelled the insurance through my work by then.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you are pregnant before he leaves, you guys may make things a lot more complicated than they need to be. I don't know the Navy's dependency limits tho...However, assuming it didn't affect anything with his limits or he got a waiver, yes his insurance would cover appointments and delivery for anything after his basic date.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    no, the medical insurance stops the day he gets out.
    it only covers pregnancy ifs the member gets out while pregnant.not dependents

there is cobra coverage that you can pay for up to 18 months after seperation.

and insurance companies cannot use pregnancy as a pre-existing condition when applying for new insurance.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    no, the medical insurance stops the day he gets out.
    it only covers pregnancy ifs the member gets out while pregnant.not dependents

there is cobra coverage that you can pay for up to 18 months after seperation.

and insurance companies cannot use pregnancy as a pre-existing condition when applying for new insurance.
    I think he is going INTO the Navy in May, not that he is leaving.

Which my understanding would be that his insurance would kick in effective his start date. So while insurance may not cover your first few appointments (depending on when it happens), it would cover the delivery as you would be a dependent when you delivered.
  5. Senior Member
    I think what you are asking is really if pre-exisiting conditions are covered. They are. Anything that happens after he is "in" should be covered, including a birth.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Regular Member
    Thanks everyone. Still not sure we're going to try but that seemed like a question I wouldn't want to ask after the fact. Lol
  7. Banned
    Banned
    sorry!! too early not enought coffee. Yes tricare will cover the pregnancy if you get pregnant before he goes in.

but remember that he could get stationed on a ship right after bc or right after a school and they will not send him home for the birth.
  8. Senior Member
    Remember, he may not even make it through basic training. He could get injured, or just plain not make it through. I personally think it is a bad idea to get pregnant purposefully before you know if he is actually in or not.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Remember, he may not even make it through basic training. He could get injured, or just plain not make it through. I personally think it is a bad idea to get pregnant purposefully before you know if he is actually in or not.
    this.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post

Great point! One blown knee and he could be done for good.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast