Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: BHA and leave en route ...

  1. Junior Member
    Tamzyn's Avatar
    Tamzyn is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maxwell AFB
    Posts
    2,051
    #1

    BHA and leave en route ...

    Advertisements
    How does it work? Will my husband get any BHA while he is between duty stations??

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #2
    I'm sure gunsgirl has better info, but to my knowledge, he will keep BAH for previous base until the day he checks into his new base...

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Junior Member
    Tamzyn's Avatar
    Tamzyn is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maxwell AFB
    Posts
    2,051
    #3
    Thanks - I thought that but then I started thinking about the fact we will be utilizing 5 days of TLF at our old duty station - so I wonder if they stop the BHA when we go into TLF?

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Thanks - I thought that but then I started thinking about the fact we will be utilizing 5 days of TLF at our old duty station - so I wonder if they stop the BHA when we go into TLF?
    Pretty sure they are separate but I don't recall....

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #5
    We got BAH for the old PDS until we checked into the new one. Still got TLA and per diem too.
  6. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    We got BAH for the old PDS until we checked into the new one. Still got TLA and per diem too.

    this you will get TLE and BAH at the same time- and BAH will remain at the old Duty station rate until he checks into the new unit.
  7. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this you will get TLE and BAH at the same time- and BAH will remain at the old Duty station rate until he checks into the new unit.
    Only thing in this situation is that they're going to Germany, so they won't get OHA until they get a lease. They will get longer for TLA though.

    We made out in AK because we had TLA for 46 days AND got BAH that whole time.
  8. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Only thing in this situation is that they're going to Germany, so they won't get OHA until they get a lease. They will get longer for TLA though.

    We made out in AK because we had TLA for 46 days AND got BAH that whole time.
    yes, Sorry, this is correct. but the BAH will stop when they check into the new unit. and then the OHA will not start until they have a lease.
    AK and HI are unique because they are overseas locations WITH BAH- so it just changes to HI/AK rate when the member checks in and does not stop.
  9. Junior Member
    Tamzyn's Avatar
    Tamzyn is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maxwell AFB
    Posts
    2,051
    #9
    Thank you all

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •