Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Standard & The Gyno ??

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Tricare Standard & The Gyno ??

Advertisements
    Hello all! I just recently married my military sweetheart () and I'm still getting adjusted to the whole...everything... hahaha. It was coming time for my annual gynecologist visit, and I also needed to get a new birth control prescription. I'm on Tricare Standard. I looked on their website but stayed rather confused. Does Tricare cover any of a gyno visit? I know I will probably have a copay, which is fine, I just didn't know if it covered any of that. ALSO. Do I have to get a referral to even see the gynecologist? I know with Prime (I think...maybe?) you have to get a referral, but do you have to with standard?

Thank you so much...its definietly been an information overload recently lol
  2. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    You do not need a referral for standard. Just make sure the doctor you go to accepts Tricare and a portion will be paid by Tricare.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

No. With standard you don't need referrals. I just picked a dr from the website. Read some reviews on her and made an appointment.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    It is covered but there will most likely be a copay. You don't need a referral, just make sure your doctor takes Tricare.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Okay, awesome! Thank you so much, ladies!