Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tri-Care

1. Regular Member

Help Tri-Care

Advertisements
    Hi All,
    I got signed up for TriCare prime (I think... the one where I go to a MTF) on Thursday (we just got married) and they gave me a piece of paper saying if I needed to go to have anything done to bring the piece of paper and it was to proove that I was in TriCare. Then they gave me a day on the paper when I'd actually be in the system. It's in like March. I made an appointment when I signed up since its right across the street for work. So this morning I woke up, felt horrible, passed out a few times (that's getting pretty normal for me the past few weeks) and I finally decided it was time to see a doctor. So I called my MTF and asked for a sick appointment. They said they couldn't make an appointment because I wasn't enrolled. So now I'm confused. Do I physically have to go up there, do I have to go to a Civi ER? Did I sign the right paper? I am so confused! Were OCONUS BTW TIA
    “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    ― William W. Purkey
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You missed the deadline for TriCare Prime enrollment to begin on 1Feb, so it will be effective 1March.

You are covered under TriCare Standard until the Prime kicks in.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    You missed the deadline for TriCare Prime enrollment to begin on 1Feb, so it will be effective 1March.

You are covered under TriCare Standard until the Prime kicks in.

You have to go to a civilian doctor until your enrollment for Prime starts in March.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Regular Member
    What is TriCare Standard? Sorry for the probably obvious questions, but Im new to this!
    ― William W. Purkey
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisGirl34 View Post
    What is TriCare Standard? Sorry for the probably obvious questions, but Im new to this!
    Standard is the basic Tricare insurance. You can only be seen by civilian doctors & there is usally a co-pay involved. You choose your own doctor as long as they accept Tricare to go to & you do not need to call to get a referral.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Regular Member
    Thanks so much!
    ― William W. Purkey
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisGirl34 View Post
    Hi All,
    I got signed up for TriCare prime (I think... the one where I go to a MTF) on Thursday (we just got married) and they gave me a piece of paper saying if I needed to go to have anything done to bring the piece of paper and it was to proove that I was in TriCare. Then they gave me a day on the paper when I'd actually be in the system. It's in like March. I made an appointment when I signed up since its right across the street for work. So this morning I woke up, felt horrible, passed out a few times (that's getting pretty normal for me the past few weeks) and I finally decided it was time to see a doctor. So I called my MTF and asked for a sick appointment. They said they couldn't make an appointment because I wasn't enrolled. So now I'm confused. Do I physically have to go up there, do I have to go to a Civi ER? Did I sign the right paper? I am so confused! Were OCONUS BTW TIA
    If you're trying to do urgent care, Schofield Barracks has the Acute Care Clinic otherwise you'll get a referral for Concentra which is by the airport. You may get same day appointments but it's fairly rare (at least at the Hickam clinic it was).

But, as the others said, you're enrolled in Standard until March 1st so you'll see a civilian doctor until then.

With Prime, you'll be assigned a PCM and that's who you'll make your appointments with.