Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH fraud and non-payment of child support advice

1. Senior Member

Bang Head BAH fraud and non-payment of child support advice

Advertisements
    (This may go in "advice" but I'm not sure)

Hey all, so my DD is 17 months old, and my ex DH and I have been divorced for nearly 11 months now.

He still has me listed on his DEERS, even though I'm remarried, and ive never seen a dime of child support. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what I can do? Should I report the DEERS issue? How can I file for child support? I've talked to him about both and he keeps "forgetting" about the DEERS and never responds to the child support request. It's also in our divorce agreement that he will keep her up to date with health insurance, whic h lapsed last month for the 4th time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated:/
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  2. Senior Member
    If you are officially divorced, what did your divorce decree say about child support? You ask how you can file for it, but usually that is done at the time of the divorce. Unless you are asking how you collect on the money you should have been paid. In that case, personally, I'd contact his command. Something like that is one of the rare occasions I agree with doing that.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    I guess collect is what i mean. We have a child support decree, he just isn't fallowing it. And how do I contact his command? He has a new Lt since weve been divorced, or I'd just call her.
    A second chance at happiy ever after
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't understand how her insurance lapses. If shes in DEERS her insurance shouldn't lapse period, and I'm fairly certain you can't just remove a child from DEERS. I'm so confused.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    you are never officially removed from DEERS, you will always be considered dependent number 1. so he cannot ever remove your name.

as for collecting, this is a civil matter and you need to file a non compliant order with the child support enforcement agency.
    and have them send a letter to the command requesting they encourage him to comply.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you are never officially removed from DEERS, you will always be considered dependent number 1. so he cannot ever remove your name.

as for collecting, this is a civil matter and you need to file a non compliant order with the child support enforcement agency.
    and have them send a letter to the command requesting they encourage him to comply.
    I was going to say this. DH's ex-wife is still in DEERS, he wasn't getting paid though for her after they divorced.
  7. Senior Member
    I guess I'd assumed the OP already had a non-compliance order. If not, then your state our county should have some sort of child support enforcement division. Start there. They can walk you through the steps.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Regular Member
    you might also want to make sure that the child support agreement doesnt end when you remarry. I had a friend who this happened to with his ex wife. She had called the cops on him and generally tried to make life hard for him. She then tried taking him to court for not paying child support he ended up getting his kids and the child support payments. Definitely take this step by step the legal way.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by GunpowderNLead View Post
    you might also want to make sure that the child support agreement doesnt end when you remarry. I had a friend who this happened to with his ex wife. She had called the cops on him and generally tried to make life hard for him. She then tried taking him to court for not paying child support he ended up getting his kids and the child support payments. Definitely take this step by step the legal way.
    Please do share in which state this occurred? Was this stipulation something that was written into their agreement specifically for their case? I am not aware of any state in the US in which this stipulation exists in the general child support guidelines - so am very interested in more information. The reason this stipulation is not generally included in child support orders is that the responsibility for the child lies with the biological parents, regardless of marital status. Marriage does not transfer the parental bond (legally) to the step-parent, so the bio-parent remains responsible for support payment and eligible for visitation even if/when the custodial parent re-marries. One parent remarrying does not make the other less of a parent, from a rights OR responsibility standpoint. That being said, people write all sorts of wonky stuff into agreements that are mediated outside of the statutory norm, so.......
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast