Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay while in Basic?

1. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"

Pay while in Basic?

Advertisements
    Is it common for it not to be on the 1st and 15th schedule? So far DH has been paid on 12/12, 12/27 and 1/11. And they all were different amounts.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    If payday falls on a weekend its the Friday before.

Was the pay deposited on those days? Maybe your bank does it early. I know USAA will deposit it a day early.

And yes, it can be different amounts, especially in basic when they have to pay for uniforms and such. and the Jan check is short anyway due to the tax increase and such.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Yes it was all deposited on those days. The Jan check was way short - like 600$. We have Navy federal so I know the first deposit was off because of when he started and the second one was because of a holiday but the January one is really throwing me off.
  4. Senior Member
    He'll be able to check on MyPay when he gets home to make sure he was paid correctly. Eventually, it will all even out and the checks will be nearly identical (give or take a penny or 2) each month (unless you go overseas, which is a whole 'nother mess). But for now, there are expenses like uniforms that are pulled out, plus if he didn't start on the 1st of the month then his first paycheck would be smaller because it wouldn't be for a full pay period, etc. It sounds like January might have been when he was charged for uniforms, and possibly other incidentals.

You mentioned a holiday, but that shouldn't effect pay, unless I'm misunderstanding. Military are paid for all holidays, though I admit to not knowing for certain if that applies to boot camp, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Ok. Ohh I think what I meant was the pay day was a holiday (the 1st?) so he was paid on the 27th. That makes since, I guess I just thought they would take his uniform out of his first or second check, not wait till the 3rd.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Doesn't some of the banks pay a few days early too? I know a friend here who's pay checks would come in three days early. Not sure though.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Senior Member
    DB is Army and is almost done with Basic. His pay seemed really erratic but then he explained all the deductions and it made sense
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    My husband was paid sometimes random days. There were a couple times he was paid 4 days before "payday" because of where the 1st and 15th landed. Also with USAA, say payday is the 1st we would get it the 30th (or 31st) Or if the 1st was a Sunday we would get it the prior Friday.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    The 30th was a bank holiday so, everyone should've gotten paid on the 27th. Not sure why he got paid on 12/12 and 1/11, unless your bank does their deposits on Fridays, not sure.

The LES will show why he got paid so much less, my guess, uniforms. It can take a bit for it to 'catch up'.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't