Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay raise?

1. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA

Question Pay raise?

Advertisements
    Checked my bank account this morning and we are still getting the same amount as usual, no increase at all. With the new pay raise and BAH increase, our paycheck should be about $50 or more extra per paycheck. Anyone else have this issue? I thought the new rates would be in effect for JAN 15 paycheck. I'm going on to check our LES at some point today, but I was wondering if there is something I'm not understanding...

2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    The pay raise was nullified by the increase in FICA. Pay raise was 1.7% and FICA (soc sec tax) increase was 2%, so he actually had a -0.3% increase (thus loss of pay). So, basically the only increase he would be getting is BAH.

If his state had any kind of tax changes that also cause a decrease in pay that would be reflecting as well.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Ahhh which would explain why we got like $3 less than normal! Wow well that figures.

4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    The pay raise was nullified by the increase in FICA. Pay raise was 1.7% and FICA (soc sec tax) increase was 2%, so he actually had a -0.3% increase (thus loss of pay). So, basically the only increase he would be getting is BAH.

If his state had any kind of tax changes that also cause a decrease in pay that would be reflecting as well.
    Yup!! some people are even seeing a loss of pay,,, like us 15 dollars a pay period and for the entire CG we have not gotten the BAH increase yet due to an error at PPC.
  5. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    Yup!! some people are even seeing a loss of pay,,, like us 15 dollars a pay period and for the entire CG we have not gotten the BAH increase yet due to an error at PPC.
    I'm glad it's not only me, I checked it when I first woke up and my first reaction was "ugh why is it always us?!" Lol