Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military ID Question

1. Regular Member

Military ID Question

Advertisements
    Ummm, this be one of the stupidest questions in the world butttttt:

Can I get a military ID to get on/off base even though I'm Canadian? We're married and currently doing paperwork for residency but I'd still like to be able to do things on base if necessary and I know that you need an ID!

Thanks!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I fairly certain that you need to be a US citizen to get an ID.

ETA: I take that back. I'm stupid.
    Last edited by Rissa*Rawr; 01-14-2013 at 04:24 PM.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Regular Member
    Ahhh, I wanna know for sure. S/O said that he figured it wouldn't be an issue because there is SO MANY people that have wives from other countries and sometimes the time frame for those people to become US Citizens is years. I wonder how they get by while their S/O is out on field ops and stuff. Go to town and do everything, I suppose?
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesssuckah View Post
    Ahhh, I wanna know for sure. S/O said that he figured it wouldn't be an issue because there is SO MANY people that have wives from other countries and sometimes the time frame for those people to become US Citizens is years. I wonder how they get by while their S/O is out on field ops and stuff. Go to town and do everything, I suppose?
    I wouldn't be surprised if you can get one. If anything, it's just more of a process.

And I do everything out in town. I rarely ever go onto base.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Senior Member
    Well, I can't find much information that's reliable from a Google, but I think you can...
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesssuckah View Post
    It depends on where you're living, but it's, definitely, possible to rarely go on base. I never do.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. Regular Member
    I do everything out in town. I rarely ever go onto base.
    Yea, I've drove past the commissary and it looks like a scary place (haha)! I just know it'll be a lot easier having one. They require ID for everything! I went to the beach on base and went to buy a bottle of water from the dinky little store set up on the beach and I got the whole "military id please." Needless to say, the $1.00 water was not purchased that day!
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    You should be able to, once you are enrolled in DEERS you can get an ID card.
    I have known (and still do) many military spouses that are not US citizens but they have an ID card.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. Senior Member
    I've got a friend who's Canadian and one who's British, both recently married in the last year or so and even though they're going through the visa/green card process they're not citizens and they both have ID's and full access to all that entails. I don't know the process of it but they definitely have ID's.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    You should be able to, once you are enrolled in DEERS you can get an ID card.
    I have known (and still do) many military spouses that are not US citizens but they have an ID card.
    Next question: WHAT THE HECK is DEERS!?

I thought I knew the majority of things needed to know and now I'm learning EVERYTHING.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast