Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare!

HOOAH!

Shock Tricare!

Advertisements
    My DH is at basic and they sent me the papers to get my military ID and Tricare started! Do I need to get my military ID first and then start Tricare or does it even matter? If it happens that I need my military ID first what's the next step to starting the Tricare?

"I Was Given This Life, Because I Am Strong Enough To Live It." -Military Wife
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    You need to be put into DEERS before getting your ID. Once you're in DEERS, you're immediately enrolled in Tricare Standard. If you wish to be on Tricare Prime, then you need to either call them or go into the nearest Tricare office to switch. After you get put into DEERS then you'll need to get your ID card... it'll act as your insurance card.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you aren't near a base, you will probably need Tricare Remote and no matter what you get, you need to add dental seperately.
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  4. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    I got those papers from DH last week. I took them all on base and got my ID and they told me I was enrolled already in standard and if I wanted to I could upgrade to prime. I also got a dental paper through MetLife, I filled it out and mailed it in (after asking the guy at the hospital on base).
  5. Banned
    Banned
    your DH has already enrolled you in DEERS he will have done that in BC. all you have to do now is get your ID. you should also be enrolled in TRICARE because it is automatic when enrolling in DEERS.
    you can call the tricare number and find out which tricare you have.
    HOOAH!
    Okay thank you so much! I am already enrolled in DEERS, they sent me the paper stating I can just go get my military ID. All makes since now!

"I Was Given This Life, Because I Am Strong Enough To Live It." -Military Wife